Vintage Teddy Bear Shelf Sitter?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by JessCole79, Nov 25, 2023.

1. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

Can someone help me identify this old bear that my mom had? I only have a photo of it since my brother took it after she passed away. I am aware it's not a very good picture but it's all I've got.

I'm thinking it might be a Dan Dee Collector's Choice but not 100% and I don't know which bear it is since they had tons. However, my mom had it when I was born or right after and that was late 70's early 80's. I've tried to search "vintage dan dee shelf sitter with basket" and don't get much. I remember it being a shelf sitter cause the legs were movable but never stiff, etc. and she sat up.

Again, I apologize for the bad pic. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know it's a long shot of finding a replica of it but as long as I can identify the exact bear, I can always know what to look for. LOL

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

Thanks for the link. Yeah. That's the hard part. If I knew what I was looking for it would be easier but I don't know what search words to use. But thanks.

judy and komokwa like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

Yeah...that's the pic I posted with my question. And thanks for the link, I posted asking for help.

judy and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we'll give it a go.....but....there are gobs of Teddys out there....;);)

judy likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I enlarged and tweaked it a bit, so people have an idea what to look for:

19047_1331654338541_3273476_n1.jpg

komokwa, Bakersgma, Debora and 3 others like this.
  8. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

Thanks. It does make it clearer a little bit. I just wish I still had it in my hand.

komokwa, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

We have a lot of excellent searchers, so there is a chance someone will find it for you.

JessCole79, komokwa and judy like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Were any parts of her resin? What was her stuffing?

Debora

11. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

The no-distractions version:
    teddy.png

JessCole79, komokwa, Debora and 3 others like this.
  12. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

I don't think so...i do not remember. I recall her being soft but I couldn't tell you what it was made of inside.

13. JessCole79

JessCole79 New Member

I'm hoping...

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Since you say you're looking for search words, and no one has mentioned it yet, the bear appears to possibly be in a Christmas-theme outfit... red and green with holly on it's head.

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted