Featured Vintage Vacheron Constantin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marco77, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Marco77

Marco77 New Member

Hi there,

A few months ago I received from my grandmother this vintage white gold VC that belonged to my late Grandfather. The watch is in absolutely perfect condition. Unfortunately he left no papers but thanks to the guys in the VC Hour-Lounge Forum I managed to get some info about the watch. It should be a 1966 Ref. 6564.
    I have no intention to sell it but does anyone of you have any hint of its possible value. I know that you would need the pictures of the movement but unfortunately I have non, but let's immmagine that everything is authentic (I'm sure it is since my grandfather was really wealthy and had many top brands watches).

Thanks for any feedback

Attached Files:

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

On ebay completed sales they range from $1300 to $12000 .Fabulous watch .

tyeldom3 and Marco77 like this.
  3. Marco77

Marco77 New Member

I searched for months now and I only found 1 watch that resembled the one I've got on Ebay UK. I think it was listed for 3k Pounds but I'm not sure.

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I looked at ebay US .

tyeldom3 and Marco77 like this.
  5. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

TheOLdGuy, tyeldom3 and Marco77 like this.
  6. Marco77

Marco77 New Member

I didn't either before I received it. I thought Rolex was the top brand. Lol

tyeldom3 likes this.
  7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Pateck Phillipe is considered the top brand, Audemars Piquet and V&C are similar, Rolex is decent but a bit common.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Rolex is no chopped liver & may be the best known brand of high end timepieces, but there are other ultra fine watchmakers , who's signature style has stood the test of time,,

List of Best and Luxurious Watches in the World:
    Sr.No Names Price in Dollar $
    1 Rolex Submariner 8500
    2 Omega Speed master 4500-9000
    3 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 20000
    4 Jaeger- LeCoultre Reverso 10000
    5 Rolex Datejust 9000
    6 Tag Heuer Monaco 4500
    7 Glashutte Original Senator Navigator 7000
    8 Breitling Navitimer 9000
    9 Cartier Santos 6700
    10 IWC Portuguese 10000
    Conclusion:
    We conclude that watches are used almost everywhere in the world, and almost everyone loves to wear it. Some people loved to wear luxurious and expensive watches to maintain their status and show off others. All these best watch brands are considered as lifetime as they will never out of fashion because of their beautiful design and styles. All these brands are still making latest models with new features, but all these are lifetime models.

9. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

On the left side, scroll way down to "completed and sold." CLick SOLD and you'll have many different sold one. A few of the green prices have a line through it. That means it was a BUY IT NOW price and the seller accepted less than asking. Those are usually close to the asking.

As for watches, don't forget Cartier, Piaget or even Tag Heuer. I think the most expensive NEW watch would be Patek Phillipe in the millions. I doubt a Rolex would get near that for even one of the really old and rare ones.

I won't name it, but I think the latter is like a particular high end auto that's well known and well built but also regarded as most overpriced in the market.

10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Old Guy,
    SSSSSSHHHHHH. Please do not mention my Yugo I think I have the only one in exsistance.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

SBSVC and TheOLdGuy like this.
  11. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost believed you. :)

What color? :joyful: Or, is there any left?

Have you had it over 135 lately?
    Sorry, I meant 35.
    I was thinking of the 63 Avanti. ;)

Actually the one I was referring to above is the one that brags - "We build ONLY ONE THING............................."

gregsglass likes this.
  12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Years ago, when I owned some insurance agencies in the DC area, I had a client who owned several different car dealerships.

One day, I was calling their FORD dealership, and the receptionist answered, "Good Morning, *****'s Ford Yugo".

I was so taken aback that I remember (rudely) saying, "WHAT?"

She repeated "*****'s Ford Yugo" and I said, "What the heck is that???"

It didn't last long, that's for sure! YUGO: buy 2: one to drive, one for parts!

Draft saved Draft deleted