Waechtersbach Germany - Impressed beehive mark - Pottery Spice Rack?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Nov 21, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This piece is 13 1/2" across & the inner dimension is 12" by 2 1/2".

There is what I assume is a shape or product number of 9082 next to the impressed Beehive mark.

It wasn't until I saw the close up of the mark below that I realized that it was the Waechtersbach mark.

It obviously hung on the wall & held something, possibly a spice rack for above the stove.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss:

2. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

patd8643, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

shallow_ocean_spectre likes this.
  4. bercrystal

shallow_ocean_spectre likes this.
  5. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

@bercrystal - You're entirely welcome, of course. I had an original in my (built 1897) home in the city many years ago.

bercrystal likes this.
  6. bercrystal

I can't wait to tell my friend what I found out about this piece. :happy::happy:

He actually spotted it on a lower shelf at the Goodwill. I suggested a kitchen or bathroom something to hang on the wall. He immediately discounted the bathroom idea & the only use I could think of was the spice rack.

In the end he didn't want it, so I decided for 71 cents I would give it a try. :D:D

Hopefully someone who is restoring an old house somewhere will find it wonderful. ;) :happy::happy:

Thank you again!! :kiss::kiss:

judy and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted