Featured Wanted: Crock Mavens

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ghopper1924, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Hi all:

This is not my usual area, but I bought a few crocks at auction yesterday. By no means are these Crock Barn home runs, but I think the quality is pretty good. Let's say White's Utica level.

So here's one on which I hope you can spread some enlightenment: It is 7.5" across the mouth, 9.5" across the body of the crock, and 13.25" tall. The stamp says "3/F. Woodworth,/Burlington, VT." So: 3 gallon. I can't see any flaws.

Is this a good one? I love it, but it could be common for all I know. I paid a little less than $200 for it. I can't find anything like it on the internet, so is it worth insuring? Any idea on a ballpark figure? Thanks folks!!

1.jpg 2.jpg

pearlsnblume, Rayo56, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I can't help you with info, but I always loved the look of the old crocks in homes. So earthy to me,

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Crock Mavens....?

U Funny !!!!!!:hilarious:

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looks like I overpaid on this one. Since there was no postage, maybe it more or less evened out. That’s what I’ll tell muself

Draft saved Draft deleted