warning. seller lorennb

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Fid, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I hope it'll work out. when I bought this item the seller had a second one listed with the same pics, description etc..
    I'm normally not angry about the money that may be lost if it's only "peanuts", it's rather the time we lose with quarreling around. I certainly don't intend to damage the reputation of the seller BUT :grumpy: here I'm rather sure that this lad is not a newcomer - rather a good possibility that a few accounts were around before.
    I know the situation of selling on other ebay platforms, I recently sold appr. 50 Jugendstil pewter items on ebay Germany, because it's the biggest market on the continent. normally I send everything from Germany by DHL - a 10 min. drive - except to France and Switzerland which I send from those countries directly.
    as long as the times won't come back when the French accepted a phone booth in Marseille as an ebay address it's okay.:hilarious:

kyratango likes this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I recently left a negative and opened a case. Then the seller refunded me and the negative disappeared so no way to warn a naive buyer .
    Agree too many scammers around with little or no repercussions from their fraud.

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's been a couple years since I've sold on eBay but when selling I tried to keep up on the ever changing policies. It used to be that feedback could be removed if it violated some not so obvious rules such as mentioning a case.

I'd not be happy to learn that it is automatically removed with a refund:(. I sort of don't want to go look it up.

Fid and kyratango like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I definitely didn’t mention a case. If they remove feedback the pos/neutral/ neg remains they just remove the comment and say they have.
    The feedback just vanished after I got the refund. I wasn’t happy either!

Fid and kyratango like this.
  5. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Same here. Been there, done that. Now I ask more questions and ask for extra photos, etc. I always give sellers the chance to make it right, and sometimes, for items not worth the trouble, if owner offers an apology, or a refund, for ex., a book in good condition, but with missing pages (illustrations ripped off,) I give the seller the benefit of the doubt and still leave good feedback. Maybe seller did not realize pages were missing, etc. However, hiding defects comes across to me as scamming. If I feel the seller is a scammer, I leave negative feedback, and will do whatever is needed to warn others, get eBay, PayPal, etc., to put some pressure. I don't care if an item ships from Russia, Japan or Timbuktu, as long as the seller is honest, I'm OK with it.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I do remember once buying a rather nice couture suit on Ebay, which showed with a ripped lining. The seller, who'd offered it on behalf of her mother, was mortified. Offered full refund - but I said I'd be happy if they paid enough back to have it relined. They duly did, I was very pleased and left glowing feedback.

Any Jewelry, Figtree3, KSW and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted