Was this anything good before the crack?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Aug 12, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

FDCF304C-61CA-4BA0-B3A9-298FCB8DB5D5_1_201_a.jpeg E2311111-A6A9-4537-9AAF-99842CABBD23_1_201_a.jpeg

The bottom makes me think this has some age to it Was just wondering if you recognize it and if it is trash now because fo the crack or fissure in the handle

Thank you for any help

Bronwen likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I don't see anything special about it. Looks similar to beer pitchers that came into fashion just before prohibition but the color makes me think it could be a bit later. I would donate before trashing. It's a nice color and someone may want it for a shelf piece. Would also work for an artificial flower display.
    Don

judy and gauntlettgems like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I put broken plates, vases, figurines out in the garden or in flower pots as yard art.

That would make a nice piece of yard art.

judy, dgbjwc and gauntlettgems like this.
  4. gauntlettgems

I don't normally trash much I hate to waste things I think flowers would be beautiful in this Have you seen the old glassware put together pieces for yard art? Fabulous!! I love the mushrooms

judy, clutteredcloset49 and dgbjwc like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Have a couple of large "glass flowers" that I bought at a street fair a couple of years ago. Large serving platter with colored bowl in middle.

judy and gauntlettgems like this.
  6. gauntlettgems

I think it’s such a beautiful thing and great idea!!

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted