Waterford Powerscourt 12-arm Crystal Chandelier

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kmrantiquers, May 20, 2024.

1. kmrantiquers

kmrantiquers New Member

Hi. First time poster.

I just came into possession of a Waterford Powerscourt 12-arm Crystal Chandelier. It is currently boxed and before I unpack it and install it, I was wondering of it's value?

The last auction I saw for it was in 2016 at $6000.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable having a really expensive light fixture in my house, I am afraid it will get broken!

So, can anyone hazard a guess as to the value of a Waterford Powerscourt 12-arm Crystal Chandelier?

TIA

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

First, @kmrantiquers, WELCOME to the site!!!!:) And secondly, MOST of the members don't/won't quote specific values and there are SO many variables (since this is a WORLDWIDE site!), HOWEVER, what we will do is help direct you to comparisons, such as previous sales found....(so you can make your decision....). AND more importantly, we need and live by PHOTOS!!! Good, clear, clear backgrounds, and in focus ones, showing any marks that may be visible!!! From there, MANY here can usually help with your item!! GOOD luck with your chandelier!!

And here's a Google search which may get you started, if you haven't already done so!!!

Marote and komokwa like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

The prices on Antiques/Collectibles varies like the stock market does-trying to nail down one eternal carved in stone is value's close to impossible.There are price ranges,but then if you happened to have a bunch of stuff on Ebay during the 2007-08 Mortgage Crash prices can drop just a smidgey.
    PS-I had an oil painting by a listed N. Orleans artist up for auction at a New Orleans auction house,inconveniently-this was the weekend Katrina hit !
    PS- @kmrantiquers how do you even ship something that grand ?

Marote likes this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Assuming excellent condition and all parts present, you do appear to have a valuable chandelier! The difficulty will be finding the right buyer and getting the chandelier to him/her. If you limit the sale to local buyers, the price will likely be significantly lower. BUT, if you open the sale to national buyers, how does one ship such a thing safely? :eek:
    If you live near a major city, I'd consider using a local auction house.

Marote and komokwa like this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

'If you live near a major city, I'd consider using a local auction house.'
    Yes indeed.

bluumz likes this.
  6. kmrantiquers

kmrantiquers New Member

Thx so much for the replies. I will get some pictures. Most of it is packaged in a cardboard box with the protective foam blown into the box! My wife is itching to install it, regardless of it's value, so maybe tomorrow I'll have some pictures.

Aquitaine and Marote like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Happy wife.... Happy Life !!!!!!

Aquitaine likes this.
  8. kmrantiquers

kmrantiquers New Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice........who'll be dusting it ???:playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted