Wedgwood & Co. vase with Registered design No. ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jan 13, 2024.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I purchased this little 5 1/2" tall vase for a couple dollars and was wondering about the
    Rd. No. mark. I have only seen one other with that mark and they didn't know either because they said it was a Pd No.
    I know the Unicorn stamp dates it pretty well 1891 to 1900, but could not find any further information on the Rd No. Is it Registered design, or something else?
    Any and all information and or thoughts appreciated. I plan on listing it soon so any more information I can acquire would be appreciated.
    Mikey

100_1037.JPG 100_1038.JPG 100_1043.JPG

2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch @*crs*
    Mikey

*crs* and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The kite mark was used only for a certain number of years and then it was changed to Rd (registered) plus the number. It could be printed or in pad form such as yours.

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Wrong Wedgwood if you’re thinking josiah. This is Enoch Wedgwood, which is a totally different company.

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted