Featured Weird T-shirt with multiple Hip Hop Bands

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Sep 27, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I got this about 2 years ago, I was going through my stuff to take to swap meet this Sunday and seen this shirt. before I go, I would like to know if anyone knows what it was made for or when . There are no tags anywhere, sometimes dealers at swap meet try to B.S. me into a low price for my stuff, this is why I need to know . I have never seen a shirt like this nor cannot find one online searches .
    Can anyone help me with this ?

Thank You

Billy D. the lost boy 012.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Billy, why don't you google some of the names on the shirt and see what you come up with?
    Patd

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Billy, why are you 'the lost boy' .. You are here with us, what do you mean by 'lost boy' .. Love Joy.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Cool shirt; it looks like some kind of tribute piece or maybe fan art unless a label put it out. Old school hip hop sells, so if it's a legal product it'll move.

5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

In addition to Wu Tang, Run DMC, Soul Assassins & Jay Z, my son identified Slick Rick and Doggy Style - in case those help you i.d. it.

judy and i need help like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

In the closeup of the neck opening, to the left id what looks like "Outta Compton." Related to the movie? Or did some artist use that phrase as an album title?

i need help likes this.
  7. evelyb30

NWA! Those all look like 80s album covers.

i need help likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Jay Z was around in the 80's?? Or was this a different guy?

9. evelyb30

If there's a Jay Z cover, some of them are later. I was never a rap fan really, but I do know some of the groups.

10. Bakersgma

I've never been a fan either - and certainly not in the 80's - but I've heard of some of the names, pop culture being tough to avoid completely. ;)

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

12. evelyb30

There are rappers from the 80s on up on the second shirt. I see Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Snoop, Jay-Z and some others I don't recognize.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted