Featured Welcome to the "Steele Box"

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by mforder, May 4, 2021.

1. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Here is the full photo from which my current avatar was taken. I've had a few different avatars here, and if I ever change it again, it will change everywhere. Making this discussion possibly confusing. This inserted photo should clear things up.

Mary Anderson Helmet head original (661x1024).jpg

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

I noticed that on Item 46 (page 8 of this thread) is an advertisement for that photographer.

Born2it, Figtree3 and mforder like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, I'll check. Jose Maria Mora was very famous at the time. Things deteriorated later in his life -- mental health issues, apparently.

https://www.broadway.cas.sc.edu/content/jose-maria-mora

Born2it and mforder like this.
  4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

MForder- Congrats the response to your posting is breaking records ! I have to say the boobs at the bank or construction/trash company,have literally handed you a (no joke) Winning Lottery Ticket, SIMPLY ASTOUNDING !!!
    Meanwhile,I'll be busy taking all our pictures down and prying off the backs checking for original printings of The Constitution or Emancipation Proclamation.
    Thanks for your amazing narrative- you may have the makings of a rather fascinating book,or at least a very interesting long article-as one of your antique Broadsides might state-'A SCRAPBOOK FOR THE AGES !'.

Born2it, Pattywithay and mforder like this.
  5. mforder

mforder Well-Known Member

Hi bosko69... I guess I did get lucky. It's unfortunate that people would just toss things like this out. I need to go through the box more and post some other things here. As for the pictures you have I hope you do come across a copy of the Constitution or the Emancipation Proclamation. If that happen please make sure to post a copy here... :)

Born2it likes this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

We'd love to see more!

Born2it likes this.
  7. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

I second that emotion! The fact that you are willing to share your goodies speaks well of you, and I certainly appreciate it!

Potteryplease likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted