Well..I did it. Bought two Peter Keil paintings.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I never had any guidance in being taught about investments, education funds etc. my parents divorced when I was 12 and I grew up in a very poor family. I wish there would of been someone to educate me on the ins and outs in investing.

As I've grown older, I've tried to teach myself about investing but I'm a quick learner with hands on, rather than sitting and reading about it.

2. Armando0831

If it's only $1 or $20k, I'm pretty sure that my 2 daughters would appreciate the thought that they're father had the best intentions on leaving them something.

This is why I collect not only art, but other collectibles. I know the market for collectibles fluctuate and it's a hard to determine when it reaches a peak for a certain item.

For example, my Willie Mays Rc card, it's in poor condition but none the less, it's a rc card. Years from now, someone will want it, hopefully as much as I did. It will be upon my daughters to cash it in it keep it. That's the same as my 1948 Leaf Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax Rc, 1953 Hank Aaron and 1957 Hank Aaron, plus many more.

I have silver halves, around. $200 face value. My newest acquisition is a 1966 Series A $100 Red Seal Certificate.

I may not have deep pockets to get that Picasso or Monet, but hopefully with a spread of collections in different areas, my daughters will be very appreciative.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

If it's only $1 or $20k, I'm pretty sure that my 2 daughters would appreciate the thought that they're father had the best intentions on leaving them something.

For your piece of mind......I hope so too !

What's that saying...." Hell is paved with..........! "

4. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

My three daughters were at an age where antiques and collectables were yucky........only new and name brands were to their liking. Now they are in their late 40's and appreciate vintage,etc. Also they have put dibs on a lot of my stuff if not for anything more than sentimental reasons.

5. Armando0831

Man, I can't remember when the last time we bought something new...We also get things from the thrift store or the flea market. I will not give the today's CEOs my hard earned money for cheaply made bull. My daughters will wake up early, wanting to go with us on their own. They really enjoy the Goodwill because they get tons of clothes. It's not hard to find big name manufactures at our Goodwill; New York & Co., Calvin Klien,Aeropostale, etc. The ladies that work with my wife at the bank, want her to take them shopping because they are always amazed at the outfits she buys for next to nothing. The only time my kids get anything new is for a couple of Christmas gifts and back to school supplies. Even then, if they can find supplies at the goodwill, they would get it there.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well, then your daughters sound well grounded ....and may even take after the old man !
    Good on you !!!

Armando0831 likes this.
  7. Armando0831

Thank you and they very much are. It's nice to have random people stop me in a grocery store, just to tell me my kids are the most polite girls they've ever met.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Armando0831

The first Keil painting came in today. Now it's time to find a frame for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted