Featured WH Gunlocke Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by FWIW, Aug 4, 2017.

1. FWIW

FWIW Well-Known Member

Bought a chair that I probably overpaid to make much on it ($50), but I liked it none the less.

Trying to figure out what I have exactly. Thought it possibly could be a WH Gunlocke because it matched one I saw on eBay, but you know how that can go on eBay with people's descriptions.

Tracking the manufacture down by the patent number on the chair (2093319) the patent was obtained by a Bassick Co. Found them on google and they were selling furniture under the name The Burns and Bassick Co.

The chair is post 1937 by the patent number and probably post war due to the wheels being a hard rubber or plastic, although I guess its possible they were replaced. I'm probably going to ask $150, but I'll prob end up at around $80-100 is my guess.

Here are the pics if anyone has any input. Thanks in advanced.

DSCN9959.JPG DSCN9952.JPG DSCN9953.JPG DSCN9958.JPG DSCN9960.JPG DSCN9957.JPG DSCN9955.JPG DSCN9963.JPG Bassick Co Ad.png 2.png

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I know that at some point manufacturers introduced five "arms" on the base for stability, but I have no idea regarding the time frame..............

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think this reasonably early. If post-war, not by all that much. Don't think I would have paid even half that and no way I could sell it for what you will ask. My market is notoriously cheap so I hope yours is better. I do like it quite a bit and think it desirable at the right price.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  4. FWIW

FWIW Well-Known Member

yeah, I bought it knowing I was over paying for it. Fairly sure I can get at least $80 for it here which gave me the chance to find out more about it plus make a little over my money w/ the fun of checking it out.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  5. FWIW

FWIW Well-Known Member

flipped it today for $100. Had a buyer in mind when I bought it so it ended up working out.

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  6. NickRobin

NickRobin Why buy new when you can fix old.

Bought one today for 5$ going to use it in my office. Nice to see it is or at least was worth that much.
    Do you know if the top portion is leather? Want to make sure it gets a protective coat so it’s safe from sweat.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we won't know till you show us....;)
    we live and die here by clear crisp photo's...:D:D

the one pictured above looks like real leather..

Draft saved Draft deleted