What are these game tokens from? .. or are they game tokens?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by evelyb30, Sep 27, 2022.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Got a bracelet box full of these years ago, without knowing what they were. Still don't. They're thin pieces of plastic, almost definitely not bakelite, but ... what game are they from? Red, white, green and blue.
    DSCF8286.JPG DSCF8284.JPG DSCF8285.JPG

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

3. evelyb30

Oho. No wonder I've never run into them. Bet Komo and Pearls have though; the Dreidel spinner was a giveaway even if older Jewish ladies playing mah jong wasn't a stereotype.

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

My mahjong group back in the 70s played with a Chinese style set so we used the sticks instead of 'chips.' We were a mostly 30s gentile ladies, but the group was organized by a Jewish woman from Brooklyn. ;)

5. evelyb30

(LOL) I've only played the solitaire version on a computer.

kyratango likes this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I had some or have some that came in a box with other stuff from an estate sale. I had no idea what they were till I looked them up. Wonder if I tossed them out or they are somewhere here.

7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I sold an old set on eBay for $600; they are collectible.

8. evelyb30

These may not be ancient. I'll have to set them as auction instead of BIN and see what happens.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted