Featured What Book Series Did You Grow Up Reading?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Joe2007, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

How frustrating re the rug! Did you tell her what she did? She obviously thought she knew better. "Twit" comes to mind for people like her... We had a more generic thrift store also close after hiking prices beyond anything close to reasonable. It had to have been new owners/management as well because it existed for a few decades before that, serving a neighborhood that really needed it.

I noticed g'will now sells unsold "new" clothing from local retailers, not really marked down by much, and their prices for used clothing is higher too. You could still find fairly good deals on non-clothing items but not so sure anymore now.

And that's directly opposite a small religious local thrift store still going strong - clothing is very reasonable (we NEED clothing!) while objects are priced by someone who actually has a pretty good understanding of their value but even then doesn't go crazy, just more than a dollar or two. Thing is, there's a vintage multi-stall shop down the block and those buyers now grab all the good stuff first and put it in their stalls!! :shifty: :D

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

When I was very little we had a series of Richard Scarry books that I read cover to cover over and over again.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Sedona, I remember reading Scarry's Best Bedtime Book Ever to my kids, over & over again!

Zinnie and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Visited the local Half Price Books location today and was shocked to see that they had gotten in a fairly large collection of Three Investigator hard back books in above average condition. Even more surprising was that the prices were reasonable, not cheap but reasonable. Purchased about 1/2 of what they had and may be returning next week for a few more.

three investigator acquisitions feb. 2019.jpg

5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Half Price Books is running a 20% off sale currently so I purchased 3 more of their remaining Three Investigator series books.

6. elizabeth buckley

elizabeth buckley New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted