What do I do when I don't know with old damaged bowls

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:15 AM.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

What do I do with cracked, chipped, stained and/or faded pictures on bowls.
    A. The smaller red rimmed white bowl with painted on fruit in the middle of the bowl is inked on the back with Camwood Ivory, Universal Cambridge, 12, Made in U.S.A. This bowls dimensions are roughly 5 1/4" top diameter from side to side or 5" opening x 3 1/4" bottom diameter x 1 1/4" height.
    B. The painted on iris in the middle of the bowl with 4 strings of vines coming from the side of the bowl is roughly 9 1/8" top diameter from side to side or 7 1/2" opening x 5" bottom diameter x 2 1/4" height.
    1) I would like to ask for some assistance in their company name and pattern?
    2) Are they worth saving because they are worth millions of dollars. Or do I hoard them knowing after my death my relatives will throw them out or should I put them out to pasture and trash them?
    Thank you for the advice and assistance. Rob
    IMG_2174small.JPG IMG_2177small.JPG IMG_2165small.JPG IMG_2168small.JPG

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

That depends on the memories that go with them. If there none meaningful try using as clay pigeons if meaningful treasure them for that.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Rob -

The first one looks like Universal's Camwood Ivory with a decal design. These are probably fruit bowls. In good condition, they might go for $1-$2 each, but with all the damage, they have no monetary value.

The second, with its sponge-painted design, and what appears to be a violet, not an iris, in the middle, is sweet, but again, with the damage, it is of very little value.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have to agree, Rob. I will donate items with light damage in the hopes someone can re-purpose them as craft items but these are too far gone even for that I'm afraid.
    Don

Bakersgma, rknarr2, Houseful and 4 others like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

As long as the cracks don't allow water to leak out!

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

What Peggy said. You should see what people have under their plants! But not the violet; find someplace to prop it up, as it really is pretty.

rknarr2 likes this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could use them for mosaics?

rknarr2 likes this.
  9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Or broken up for Drainage in bottoms of plant pots.

Bakersgma and rknarr2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted