What Do I Have Here?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by artsfarm, Mar 7, 2021.

1. artsfarm

artsfarm Active Member

Hi folks, and Happy Sunday....
    Does anyone know what this is? I've run it past a few groups and have heard everything from weird Mid-Century gravy boat, to portable ladies' urinal to pap boat/invalid feeder (this last one is what I'm leaning toward, but haven't found anything with such a wide spout) and still, not sure. The only thing I can come up with is that the base is set high like it is because it would be put into hot water or ice, depending on its purpose. It's glazed porcelain, 8" long and the base is 2" high. I have no clue; any ideas?
    Thanks! porcelain1.jpg porcelain2.jpg porcelain3.jpg porcelain5.jpg

2. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Too big for a creamer. I would say gravy boat and it’s most appealing from the list of given choices :pics:
    Sauce dish?

komokwa likes this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I wonder if the base fits inside something? Like something to keep sauce warm?

Draft saved Draft deleted