What is this small metal vtg. tool - Is this for woodworking?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Robin L. Kiskunes, Jan 23, 2024.

  1. Hi guys,

    I found another small vintage tool in our garage and would like to know what this is and what it is called? Is this used for woodworking?? I can see no markings on this.

    DSCN1064 Top Tool Lengthwise.jpg DSCN1066 Top Tool Backside.jpg DSCN1062 Top of Tool Lengthwise1.jpg DSCN1061 Tool Standing Straight1.jpg
    komokwa, wlwhittier and Bronwen like this.
  2. Rayo56

    Rayo56 Well-Known Member

    Just a guess, but looks like a part stop for a milling/drilling machine. First you attach it to the machine, then You push the part upto the metal piece sticking out so you drill the hole in the same place when doing piece work. (Sounds good, No? :D)
    komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  3. wlwhittier

    wlwhittier Well-Known Member

    The triangular shaft fits into another part, which probably had a setscrew for fixing it into an adjusted position. Rayo56 has gotten close...but there's more to tell, an' it will involve that thin finger, which I don't believe is a stop, but fits into a sawn kerf. bicbw.
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: small metal
Forum Title Date
Tools What is this small metal box - machine? I assume a tool of some kind Dec 9, 2019
Tools Small metal "tool" I'm trying to identify Jan 26, 2017
Tools Small metal tips or bits - for woodworking? Aug 24, 2015
Tools 3 small tools? Jul 15, 2023
Tools Small unknown tool Apr 12, 2023

Share This Page