Featured WHAT SIZE IS THIS DOLCE GABBANA DRESS?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Dec 28, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This was one of a LOT of designer clothes found in 3 suitcases that were in a storage unit won at auction. The previous owner was from France (by letters, books also found in unit) so I'm guessing the dresses and clothes are in European sizes?
    I'm not a dress guy so I'm lost looking at the tag - are the 2 numbers the size of the top & bottom of the dress?
    Thank you for any help!

CLOTHES DRESS DULCHE & GABANNA 1AAz.JPG CLOTHES DRESS DULCHE & GABANNA 3AAAz.JPG CLOTHES DRESS DULCHE & GABANNA 4AAz.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Firstly, not Dolce & Gabbana but the brand's younger, (less expensive) diffusion line, D & G. Closed in 2011.

Debora

i need help, ulilwitch and aaroncab like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hum... Sizing chart not very helpful. But you can have someone in customer service identify U.S. size for you by sending an online form on the brand's web site. Caution: Don't make an assumption on U.S. size from a generic sizing chart. All designer brands size differently, depending on who they see as their ideal customer.

Debora

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

A long time ago, before the new sizing, 32 used to equate to a 10.
    What size is your mannequin?

dude, i need help and ulilwitch like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there are no standard European sizes. 32 as I know it is petite, but would be smaller in Italy than in, say, Germany. 46 as I know it is far from petite in either country.;)
    It is best to get someone to try it on for size.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  7. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

Well there is no 32 in Italy for a dress size...but 46 is equal to a USA 10...perhaps they have 2 country sizes there not sure what country would be 32? It looks about a USA 10

judy, i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  8. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Maybe when D & G changed their size chart they decided to put both the old and new size on for awhile to get people accustomed to the new chart. 32 old chart/size 10 US. 46 new chart/size 10 US. Just a thought.

judy, i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  9. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks - I'm going to say "I'm guessing a size 10 American"

judy likes this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

What is the wording under the small tag?

judy and FlowingHair like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Journey, I think you should nail down the size. "Guessing its a 10" might result in a return as size is probably the single most important thing with clothing. In Debora's link, if correct says a 30/44 is a US 4. I'm thinking yours might be smaller than a US 10.

From Debora's Poshmark link:

D & G dolce & Gabbana summer halter dress Summer floral print against a cream background Back zipper No side pockets Size 30/44 which is a US 4 Worn twice Excellent condition Measurements Bust/ 16” Halter neck line Waist: 14” Length 40” ( measurements from halter )

At a minimum, add your dress's measurement fields above (taken lying flat) to your auction description.

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

judy and FlowingHair like this.
  14. reader

reader Well-Known Member

The dress is an Italian 46 and Dolce runs small and is known to run small.Just give carefully taken measurements.

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  15. FlowingHair

FlowingHair Active Member

If the dress is loose on the doll it’s most likely not a German/European 32 which would be in the US either a xxs or a 00.
    That I think I can surely tell by the pictures provided.
    I also guess it’s smaller than a 10.
    Taking the measurements is probably the best option.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. reader

reader Well-Known Member

A US 12 will not fit into a Dolce 46. Dolce sizing is way smaller than most other Italian houses, beside the fact that D&G is their “junior” division.

FlowingHair, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That thing is SMALL. I'm a UK 10, but Italian sizes in better makes are teeny. Looks about a 26 inch waist, 34 boobs to me. That's a modern UK 6 to 8, which is a 4 in US, I think.

Anyhow, measurements are key to selling it.

FlowingHair, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted