Featured What's the recommended online appraiser for chinese antiques?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Silver Wolf, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

hello guys,so recently i got a bunch of chinese antiques collection,in my amateur eyes i do think some of them are really antique,mostly from ex shipwreck i think,and some i'm doubt it,so i'm looking for online appraiser that really good at chinese antiques,any recommended one guys?i'll also share them in here too later,to get any information and advice,thank you!

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Why not just post them here? Several of us have some knowledge on Chinese stuff.

3. Silver Wolf

yeah,i've plan to share the items here and also looking for appraiser too,thank you

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. scoutshouse

Another foum you might try is AsianArt.com

No appraisals, though.

Christmasjoy, KSW, judy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

7. scoutshouse

8. Silver Wolf

i'm in indonesia scout,i did some appraise online usually,but i'm doubt about their result,like in my other thread about italian sculptor poloniato,it seems they aren't reliable,so i'm looking the other one that maybe more professional in term of chinese antiques,since chinese antiques are harder than some kind of antiques,especially of because some of the collection is ex shipwreck and i'll do share some items too in this forum to get help,thank you

9. Silver Wolf

Christmasjoy, judy and scoutshouse like this.
  10. Silver Wolf

@Phaik Hooi hey phaik,since you are living in penang,do you collect shipwreck items too?i do notice some malaysian did this stuff and they are great collecting this,:angelic::hilarious:

11. Phaik Hooi

12. Silver Wolf

13. Phaik Hooi

not :hilarious:
    nth degree of relatedness:
    trying to sort out my mother's items is a shipwreck in itself :p

hoping to see your items ... :happy:

14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

They are very serious over there. I got told off for posting something they thought was below them to look at. Don't mind being told my item was tourist junk but the tone was belittling. I just got a rant about fools wasting their time :rolleyes::hilarious:
    That's why I like it here. I get told it's tourist junk with respect and a laugh.

15. Phaik Hooi

agree!! :happy::happy:

16. Silver Wolf

yes,i'm agree with you,this is the best antique forum with best members,i'm really lucky to join this forum!

17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Well, don't look at me this time. Good luck. :)

18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I have some Chinese shipwreck items, found in the Java Sea many decades ago. But not the usual Fujian trade ceramics. I will recognize most Fujian when I see it though, if that is of any help.
    It is not really my area of expertise, but I find anything to do with Southeast Asian trade networks fascinating. I wonder why.....:angelic::joyful:

19. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:punch:
    I found most people who reply to queries there know a lot about mainstream Chinese, but people rarely know any other Asian arts. I answered a few questions there on wrongly identified Indonesian items, but could have spent months replying to posts no one even bothered to acknowledge, etc. Their was also a fan which was clearly European, and no one had a clue that it wasn't even Asian. Needless to say, they hadn't been able to help that person either.
    Even if we don't respect the item, we always respect the poster.
    If they respect us, that is.:D

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well said !!!

Silver Wolf and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted