WHICH FABRIC GLUE/ADHESIVE IS BEST FOR EVENT PATCHES?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by KingofThings, Jul 23, 2016.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Precisely. Things in that range go from being "patch" to "wall art" quite nicely. Frame it and hang it, and start a new collection.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi KoT,
    I found an elderly lady who does doll clothes sewing.
    Check around and ask. It gives her extra spending money for stuff for the dolls. She is very cheap, she did cuffs on a pair of pants for me for 2 bucks. Ask around at who does sewing.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ummmmmm....
    no.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I like the chewing gum, myself.

Soooo, you are into drag racing. You'll know who I'm talking about when I say I saw Art Arfons and his green machine break a record in 1967

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

Yes! :)
    Green Monster!
    Do you know who the late :( Slammin' Sammy Miller was?
    -
    My NHRA event is next weekend!!!! :)
    TWENTY THOUSAND HORSEPOWER!

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Is that a car or a jet engine?

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

10,000 +- is what Top Fuel dragsters and AA Funny Car engines make now...each.
    This is with a special built engine based on Chrysler's original Hemi automobile engine of the 50s.
    So 20,000 at each run of 2 cars.
    At a south eastern track they run four at once so 40,000.
    -
    NASCAR cars are restricted to 750hp. These cars have 1,200hp......PER cylinder!

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Didn't he like to go up against Big Daddy Don Garlitz....!!!

KingofThings likes this.
  9. KingofThings

There may have been an event where they ran for show but I don't recall for certain.
    Aron's and Garlits are two completely different enigmas in themselves.

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I know he was always back and forth with Craig Breedlove......but I though I remembered.....

Of all his piston-powered dragsters, Arfons considered No. 11 as the best. He hit a top of 191 against the legendary Don "Big Daddy" Garlits in a winner-take-all match in Florida. "The Chamber of Commerce would bring in a new guy each week for Garlits to beat," Arfons fondly recalls. "I said to the guy, 'What makes you think he's gonna beat me? what will you give me if I beat him? "He said hed give me a five-year college scholarship but I said I couldn't use it. How about cash? I kinda pressed the issue and finally he he said they'd pay $500 if I could beat Garlits.

"That was incentive enough to haul all the way down to Florida; That was big money in those days. We ran at an old airport, on a concrete runway. "Concrete isn't slippery like asphalt. It was fantastic. It picked up one wheel right at the starting line. I went on three wheels all the way down, ran 191 and collected the $500."

KingofThings likes this.
  11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Whilst you guys have been talking meaningless figures and numbers and having patches / badges and waving flags about gas guzzling cars that either go around in circles or in a short straight line.
    My road legal T5 and my sons RS6 Twin and Range Rover Sport SVR have left you pissing in the wind. :p:D:D:D:D

12. KingofThings

Meaningless numbers? Like T5 and RS6? Tootsietoy #5 and Rarely Sporty #6?
    Can't help it you like to pay more for gas though.

13. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Just watched the F1 Grand Prix from Hockenheim, Germany.
    The fastest car chase in the world, the worlds top car makers and drivers.
    The US now has a team competing, Haas F1 Team is a Formula One racing team established by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team co-owner Gene Haas.
    No American cars or drivers ????
    The US use an Italian Ferrari and the drivers are French and Mexican, :D
    Team Haas came 11th and 13th.

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

King, IS there residual glue on the backs of the patches??? As evelyb suggested, it might make it harder to sew over those, but I would prefer the sewing too....think it would look nicer........saw one of your patches......LONG ago I had a BF when we lived in NJ and he worked at Raceway Park.....for a couple of summers....in the tower announcing.....he got me in the tower one summer helping with lining up the cars.....it was a blast......that's also as long as THAT lasted too....two timin' SOB!!!!!

KingofThings likes this.
  15. KingofThings

There is glue but it's Loctite Super glue and barely there.
    -
    EXCELLENT!
    I have only been to ERP once long ago and at Old Bridge Raceway, which became ERP, when they only had 1/8th mile drags even longer ago.
    Did you get to see Jungle Jim Lieberman run and Pam? ;)
    How about the Rocket Man Slammin' Sammy Miller?
    -
    Sorry for the rest.

16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I don't remember seeing either name you mentioned, but that was back in the early 60's (??) ......and don't be sorry....the rest had run it's own course.....GOOD pun:D:D:singing::singing:

17. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

18. KingofThings

Is that Art?
    When I get back on the computer I will load up a new photo I just bought of Sam.

Draft saved Draft deleted