Which Vernacular Photograph is Higher Art Thread Two

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by AntiqueBytes, Sep 22, 2022.

1. AntiqueBytes

AntiqueBytes Well-Known Member

Which one do you believe qualifies for a more artistic, or at least, more valuable photograph.

I am not saying these are higher art then the photographs in the last thread, but it's all I have scanned right now.

mengrouparoundcar.jpg crosscreek.jpg boys with snow edit.jpg spaceship fair.jpg girls on horses.jpg

2. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

#1 would most likely sell the best. #2 is the most interesting in terms of vernacular photography.

pearlsnblume and AntiqueBytes like this.
  3. AntiqueBytes

Thank you. I didn't do any image manipulation that I can remember. I processed the image about 3 years ago now. I think it was just the lighting that gave it that effect.

4. AntiqueBytes

I thought I added this one but I see I didn't. This one would be my favorite.

I could have uploaded some better ones but just wanted to see what people thought about these, which I also picked out of bunches from antique malls.

renaissance bungelow.jpg

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Of the pictures you've posted here, I like that last one best as well. The combination of grass, shadows and tree make it look like there's a wave inundating the building. Looking at it as a thumbnail shows what I mean:
    zzzzzzb.jpg

AntiqueBytes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted