Who made this coat rack?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Bookahtoo, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

A friend of mine picked up this coat rack for $3 at a yard sale. He is very excited about it and came in to ask me if it was Heywood Wakefield. I said I didn't think so but that I would post it here. I'm hoping one of you will recognize it. Thanks. coatrack.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i like the umbrella stand part.....

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I also like the umbrella stand section, it is what makes the piece stand out from your typical coat rack. The top looks fairly standard unless there are details I can't see - there is a bit of a sun reflection right at that point of the photo, but it looks like many other top sections of coat racks I've seen from the 1970's on up. I just googled "Heywood Wakefield Coat Rack". I did not do an extensive search, a few photos showed up under images, but turned out they were all from other makers. Not even sure Heywood Wakefield made coat racks. Maybe others will know.

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Thanks komokwa and lucille. I don't think they made coat racks either. I think it's more likely Danish.

gregsglass likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have to agree with Book. That design and the wood being beech points to Denmark.
    Dealt with a lot of Heywood in the 80s never saw a coat rack or hall tree.
    greg

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I agree that this is not HW. Danish is as good a bet as any on this.

7. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Try searching bentwood coatrack. Not exactly all bentwood, but that search might get you closer to an ID.

8. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Good lookin' piece whoever made it.

3 bucks was highway robbery!! OHHHH yeah.:)

(BTW It's not a Thonet either...preemptive.)

Draft saved Draft deleted