Wilhelm Hunt Diederich $$$

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mdlock, Nov 18, 2020.

1. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

No but I have dealt in silver and antiques for a very long time as did my father and his. I have a large collection of objects and I'm still buying them to this day. Well yesterday. Today I did research.

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

As said above, weight has nothing to do with it, get it tested!

kyratango likes this.
  3. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

He also did a lot of Knights in armor that is another reason I'm comfortable saying who the artist is.

4. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Yes of course I'm going to get it tested. In fact I have just ordered another test kit as I said before I had to discard the one I used over a hundred times due to a loose cap. I had loops and magnifying glasses in same bag. All messed up.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

He mainly worked with metal, including sheet metal, but can't find another example of decorative silverware anywhere.

Debora

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I can't find other examples of knights.

Debora

7. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

It was on one of the auction sites i will post link later I'm on my phone now lhe also went by William sometimes

8. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Here is one I cant find others I found the ones I was talking about on my sons computer. I can't for the life of me find now. Im looking with other search engines today 331504_c60a9a183c36f32e_b.jpg

Debora likes this.
  9. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Positive silver. I posted it on ebay again. This time for 5000 instead of 500 fingers crossed again. It seems pretty rare.

10. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

I took it down again. What if it is one of only a few known to exist?

11. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

So I was correct this is an early Wilhelm Hunt Diedrich. It also tested silver. The reason for hallmarks is to identify maker. No two issued hallmarks are the same. This happens to be an extremely rare item. One of a kind.

smallaxe and bercrystal like this.
  12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Congratulations. How did you get the positive ID?

smallaxe, bercrystal and Debora like this.
  13. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

I took to BMA Baltimore Museum of Art. Saw a very nice lady who showed me a couple sketches he made different designs of screens and design of a dog statue that has same hallmark.. I did the silver test myself.

bercrystal and moreotherstuff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted