Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
William Stipe Painting and Antique Frame
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Lithographer, post: 4438206, member: 13308"]I picked this up at a thrift store yesterday for $10. I believe it is a gouache painting by Northwestern professor William Stipe. The style looks similar and I live a few hours from Chicago. I find things by Chicago artists quite a bit. I think the frame predates the picture by a few decades, I'm thinking it was probably painted in the 1960's-70's. I like the style that it is painted in. I call it cartoon style because I don't know if it has an official name. I will probably put an older picture in the frame and put this one in a 60's era one.[ATTACH=full]380775[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]380776[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]380777[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]380778[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Lithographer, post: 4438206, member: 13308"]I picked this up at a thrift store yesterday for $10. I believe it is a gouache painting by Northwestern professor William Stipe. The style looks similar and I live a few hours from Chicago. I find things by Chicago artists quite a bit. I think the frame predates the picture by a few decades, I'm thinking it was probably painted in the 1960's-70's. I like the style that it is painted in. I call it cartoon style because I don't know if it has an official name. I will probably put an older picture in the frame and put this one in a 60's era one.[ATTACH=full]380775[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]380776[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]380777[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]380778[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
William Stipe Painting and Antique Frame
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...