Wilson cobalt salt glaze pottery container hallmark identification please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mark A Herzberg, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Mark A Herzberg

Mark A Herzberg New Member

Hello, I have a very old salt glaze jar container and it has a incised hallmark in a round circle near bottom edge on side . The bottom reads H or A Wilson. I thought perhaps was the Hiram Wilson Pottery in Texas . He did have a son That was Named Andrew that worked there , It is a small jar at only 5 1/2" ,and may have had a lid at one time. well if anyone is familiar with the hallmark or maybe it is not even a hallmark ?let me know thanks ahead for any input. 20201120_153336.jpg 20201120_153305.jpg

Attached Files:

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi, I can't help with your pot but I just wanted to say, it is a mark, not a hallmark. A hallmark is an official mark, or series of marks, struck on items made of metal mostly to certify the content — such as platinum, gold, silver :)

*crs* and komokwa like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Mark!

Welcome to Antiquers..............:cat:

If no one here can answer your question, contact
    https://www.crockerfarm.com/

They are very good about answering inquiries and know their stuff.

I haven't ever had the opportunity to use them, but learned about them from @*crs* and others on this Board.

*crs* likes this.
  4. Mark A Herzberg

Mark A Herzberg New Member

Ok I thought it may be something, That great to know at least I can keep researching.

Draft saved Draft deleted