Wondering the story behind this vase and pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bronxxxx, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Bronxxxx

Bronxxxx New Member

Hi! I know nothing about these and searching on google eBay has been fruitless. I would love any insight or thoughts!

2. Bronxxxx

Bronxxxx New Member

3. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson Well-Known Member

Hey!
    Most of these crystal cut pieces are from the 60-80s.
    I have many similar items imported from Czechoslovakia.
    This one looks pretty similar
    s-l400.jpg

4. Bronxxxx

Bronxxxx New Member

Woah! That’s fascinating thank you! Is crystal cut lead crystal? Do you think they are made by the same company as yours?

Matt Johnson likes this.
  5. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson Well-Known Member

Yes, it's cut lead glass. It could be, I don't know?
    Czechoslovakia was the biggest producer here in Europe and they were exported pretty much across the continent.
    I'm not familiar with the local production in America but I saw many imported pieces on ebay, even big crystal chandeliers.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted