Wooden rocking aeroplane, antique?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by ChrisS1987, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Hi all,

I was given a wooden rocking aeroplane by family for my son who has since grown out of it, i have been contemplating selling it but am unsure as to what its value is.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Chris

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to the board. We really need some photos of the plane to give you any useable information about your object.
    greg

3. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Thanks, having a few problems uploading photos from my phone but hopefully will be able to get a pic up soon

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Phones make huge picture file sizes. Without resizing you will not be able to load them.

5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I take pictures with my phone and then use Yahoo email to send to laptop... Yahoo gives you a re-size option just as you send. I pick the SMALL option, and it works well for this forum.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Thanks for the advice, im waiting for BT to sort themselves out and connect my broadband properly so i can actually use my laptop! :)

Hopefully that will be later today,

Thanks again

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Without wishing to sound like a real prick........

If family gave me toy , & I gave it to my son.....then I'd consider it his , and when he outgrew it, I'd pack it up and store it for him, for when the time came for him to decide what he wants to do with it.....

After all, this is an ANTIQUES forum...
    & one day , that plane will be too !

8. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

komokwa, If I kept every toy my kids were given as babies/children I would need another house to store them in.
    Ya can't keep everything!

Ladybranch and Jen and George like this.
  9. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Sentimentally yes it would be nice to keep, however we don't really have the space to store it, and truth be told he's hardly ever used it!

Nice thought though :)

10. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I really hope that pictures ensue -- because I have no idea what this thing looks like. i am picturing one of those critters that used to live outside supermarkets...and wiggled...and beeped...

11. komokwa

I'm not suggesting he keep every toy.
    I understand space is an issue.
    Yes, once we see it , if it's a low quality run of the mill play toy, I'll counter with donating it to a Children's Hospital.
    If on the other hand it's a high quality wooden rocker.......that was hardly ever used !!....well then I'll stick to my original thought that it's worth keeping in the family so that one day Chris's kid can pass it on to his kids.

That's how things become antique family heirlooms.

12. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Komokwa, are you a politician? If not then you should be! :)

Apologies, once again BT have let me down, and after a 45 minute phone conversation it looks like i'll not have broadband for at least 48 hours.

However i will try and use my work computer to upload an image tomorrow, sorry for the suspense!!

Regards

13. komokwa

Thanks Chris, but I could never be a politico....I'm too honest !:happy::happy:

ChrisS1987 likes this.
  14. komokwa

15. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Sorry its taken a while to get a picture up but (hopefully!) here it is :)

Thanks

Attached Files:

16. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

It was new when he got it. Similar rockers can be found new on the internet for a couple/few hundred $$...new.

17. komokwa

Chris, that's a seriously nice rocker !
    What ever you decide to do with it.....I wish you well !:)

18. ChrisS1987

ChrisS1987 New Member

Thanks! I would have no idea at what value to auction it for though :s

Draft saved Draft deleted