Featured Worthpoint help please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Any Jewelry, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$1500 (2013)
    $620.83 (2011)

3. Any Jewelry

Wonderful, thank you!:happy:

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

So where do you keep your Javanese bronze? We will of course need the usual photos. ;) :playful::playful: :p:p:happy::happy::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: :hilarious::hilarious:

5. Any Jewelry

At home.:shy: I won't let them go out, who knows what they'll get up to.:eek:

My Hindu-Javanese bell is 20th century, 'made in the style of' and antiqued. But I'm pretty sure those two on Worthpoint are too, albeit better quality than mine.;) The prices they fetched are those of the replica and 'made in the style of' Javanese bronzes.
    Needless to say I didn't pay that much, I stayed well below my max of 45 euros.:happy: My seller was truthful about the age, but I had already seen that it wasn't antique.

This is my bell/ghanta featuring 'him':

upload_2022-8-3_13-3-56.jpeg

He is either a civet-like creature, or inspired by a Keith Haring dog.:joyful: It looks like he was used, he has a very smooth belly and tail. Not that it matters much value-wise, he is not antique yet.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

7. Any Jewelry

Update:
    A few months after I posted this, I found the original of my ghanta/bell. It isn't Majapahit period, but its predecessor, the period of the 13th century East Javanese Singosari (Singhasari) kingdom.
    So the original pre-dates Keith Haring.:playful:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted