WorthPoint Subscription - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lva483, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Good Afternoon Antiquers,

What’s the general consensus on the WorthPoint subscription? When trying to price something or even do general research, I usually refer to eBay auction results, Live Auctioneers, sometimes Barnebys. For some time now I’ve found searching eBay past auction results isn’t yielding as much- it seems like eBay has limited the date range or changed their search algorithm- or it may just be me. Regardless, I’ve been thinking about getting a WorthPoint subscription for sometime and just wondered what people’s impressions were or if there was another similar website people recommend?

Note…
    I deal with books, vinyl (which I have already have great sources for), pottery and ceramics, baskets, art (prints, drawings, paintings), some furniture, motorcycle and some automotive memorabilia, and beer cans/breweriana (helping my father with his collection).

Thanks very much for your thoughts!

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I've found it useful for general research and pricing data and have used it to identify numerous items over the years.

If you have a store on ebay, you have access to Terapeak, which you can use to look back at pricing data for up to a year on ebay. No descriptions or photos though.

Lva483 and Figtree3 like this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

When researching either for the auction house or my store front, I use ebay which does only go back now 90 days (or less). Liveauctioneers.com is what I use for the auction house estimates - free account and you can sort and filter which is a great help.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

try it for a year........and you'll know if it pays for you..

Lva483 likes this.
  5. AmericanGeode

AmericanGeode Well-Known Member

Agree with everyone who mentions the free account from LiveAuctioneers a better option than Worthpoint. We did have a Worthpoint account, and good for items selling/offering/buying < $100, but found as much information, and more from LiveAuctioneers on items valued > $100.

laura9797 and Lva483 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted