Featured Wreck treasure auction. Levi jeans!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Houseful, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

One of the undershirts has the Brooks Bros logo w/ the caption 'Merino Finish'. Brooks I beleive made Lincoln's greatcoat he wore to Ford's Theater the eve he was assassinated.

3. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

And I just bought some button down shirts there this summer. I didn’t see any undershirts for $1000 though.

They admit in the text that the jeans aren’t actually Levi’s - they were made before the company was founded.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's some old denim.

Born2it, kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I was at Costco today and they had a pile of Levi’s in two sizes only (but one that fit me) for $10 a pair. Guess I saved $113,990.

Born2it, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

where were they made?

7. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

'The ship sank on September 12, 1857.It was sailing from San Francisco to New York,so presumably they were made before that date in S.F.(?).The Levi company historian & archive director, Tracey Panek, says any claims re their origin is 'speculation.'
    'The pants are not Levi's nor do I believe they are miner's work pants,' she stated to The Associated Press.
    No mention was made of labels,stencils or manufacturer's name on the buttons.Further research & conservation may reveal more.

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted