WW2 japanese wooden tags

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Scott Eidam, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Scott Eidam

Scott Eidam Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, was hoping someone may be able to help translate these japanese tags. Not sure if they are Identification? Surrender? Or possible prayers? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Scott Eidam

3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% on this, but they seem to be stock labels (bin labels), they all appear to start the same and could be Ichi Stock, or Ichi Co Ltd, then there are names afterwards, the center one looks to be Kimari which could be a product name or something like that.

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Scott Eidam

Thanks for the help. If i type ichi into google translator it comes up with "position". Kimari translates to "rule". Any other thoughts on that? Im seeing my friend on sunday and would like to try and get a better understanding. Because he believes theyre war relics of some sort.

5. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Japanese Kanji can represent different things depending on how they are pronounced, so context is important. The most likely reading in this case is either Ichi Stock or Ichi Co. Kimari could simply be a nominative label, or it can mean many things including 'custom' (or I may have interpreted it wrong).

https://www.nihongomaster.com/dictionary/entry/58687/kimari

A native speaker would probably be able to pick out the context and meaning more successfully for you. May be worth asking on a Japanese translation forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted