Featured Yellow US Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Dec 22, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would think so with that bottom.

lauragarnet, say_it_slowly and dgbjwc like this.
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Your vase is shown on p. 101 of Joe & Joyce Paradis' book "The House of Haeger 1914-1944. It's classified as "Early Haeger" but no catalog number is given, and the text also says "Possibly Stangl". It is not shown in the Collector's Encyclopedia of Stangl" by Runge. No year is given for the vase; however, since yellow is not among the earliest Haeger colors, my opinion is that your vase is likely from the 1930s. The Haeger/Fulper/Stangl relationship is well documented online and in the books mentioned if you need further info.

4. kardinalisimo

Thanks a bunch for the detailed reply. Any term for those type of handles so I can try googling?

lauragarnet and say_it_slowly like this.
  5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Other than the usual 3 or triple handle terms, I don't have any more info for you, unfortunately. I think I'd classify this as an Arts & Crafts piece, though.

lauragarnet and say_it_slowly like this.
  6. kardinalisimo

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Here ya go Kardi. Not much of a description, though. I would call them loop handles...stacked loop handles...graduated loop handles. Something along those lines.

via Worthpoint:
    Vintage Early Haeger Art Pottery Stippled Green Glaze Miniature Handled Vase
    Sold Date: Feb 28, 2016
    [...]Offering today a fantastic Early Vintage Haeger Pottery Scalloped Edge Double Handled Miniature Green Vase.
    Measures 4-1/2" tall x 3" across top.

8. kardinalisimo

Ok, thanks. That's a mini version of mine.

lauragarnet likes this.
  9. lauragarnet

There is one on eBay with a partial label on the bottom. If any of us can figure out if it's an old Haeger sticker or Stangl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    partial-label-cropped.jpg
    Early Haeger Vase Matte Green Blue Rare Handle Urn Bottom Seam
    [...]Unique handles with 3 loops on each side
    Partial sticker on bottom....
    9" Tall with 6-1/4" diameter top
    7-1/4" Wide with handles

Bakersgma likes this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

That is the old Haeger diamond shaped sticker. I looked for a complete example but came up blank. Would not think an example would be that hard to find.

lauragarnet likes this.
  11. lauragarnet

It finally dawned on me to look in Lehner's.
    08-EARLY-HAEGER-POTTERY-DIAMOND-STICKER-ORIG.jpg Her description says this diamond sticker was used around 1933-1934.

Though this picture is small, it shows one in real life.
    EARLY-HAEGER-POTTERY-DIAMOND-STICKER-01A.jpg
    [​IMG]
    via Worthpoint

Bakersgma likes this.
  12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

That's so funny, I was just loading the same photo from Lehner's:D

pearlsnblume and lauragarnet like this.
  13. lauragarnet

Draft saved Draft deleted