Featured Yemeni?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Jan 25, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

This came in a little mixed bag over the weekend. I think it was $10 for a Navajo sterling money clip, sterling tie clip, modern sterling pill box, and a couple other items. Not bad! Can’t believe no one took it at $25 which is what it was marked before I got it end of day. I’m not sure what this is as it’s too big to be a bracelet but too small to be an adults necklace or choker without a clasp present. So maybe a child’s necklace? Seems to be beads missing potentially, so maybe the isn’t it’s original form? Is it from Yemen or somewhere else? That’s the closest I could find. Chinese maybe? It’s seems to be silver but I haven’t tested it. Not attracted to a magnet but I’m not ultra confident on silver content either. No marks that I can find. 2BED099C-0485-4A87-811B-1CDEA5F081B1.jpeg A23604C5-D4D1-4E55-8A59-54C73149143B.jpeg

Figtree3, judy and KSW like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Ah yes! Didn’t even occur to me! The only set I see like these on eBay are listed for $500 and are described as Islamic/Iraqi. That can’t be a realistic price? Like not even close, right?

Figtree3, Bronwen and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not likely......but keep an eye on the others....;)

J Dagger, Bronwen and judy like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Not any of the Yemen styles.
    I agree, worry beads, not prayer beads. If I counted correctly, it has 35 beads on the chain. If it were an Islamic tasbih it would typically have 33. There are tasbih with more beads, but never 35.

Greek worry beads are called komboloi, maybe that helps in your search. They could be plated.

Houseful, Bronwen, judy and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted