Yes, so, Let me tell you how happy I am to be part of this community :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hemster922, Sep 12, 2017.

1. hemster922

hemster922 Well-Known Member

I've been involved with antiques since I was a young teen. Restoring furniture is my passion. Recently, I've inherited the entire contents of an Estate that was scheduled for demolition. No time to waste, the entire home was emptied and now in my possession.
    [it's quite overwhelming] the woman was an amazing 'collector'. [because I won't call it hoarding]
    It's taking me a year so far, to go through the process of cleaning, identifying, labeling & packaging each piece. Many items I can't seem to identify, and I still have much to go through.
    Anyone with knowledge of some of the items I plan to post has my deepest respect & admiration! I appreciate any assistance that will help me move these items! I can't live like this, even though I'm surrounded by treasure! Thank you

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

And we are very Happy that you have joined us! Particularly since you have treasures that need identifying.......................those are more than bread and wine to those of us that require the sustenance of research!

or those of us who just like to look at pretty things.................

3. hemster922

Thank you Mansons! Point me in the right direction if you would please, and I'll get to posting :)
    This is going to be fun

KingofThings, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'll help!

Click on Forums above your thread title in blue. That will take you to the main page for the site. You'll see a Section on the page entitled Antique Forums.

In that section are a long list of categories, many that are titled with the type of item or the material most important in the item's construction. Choose the one that applies to your item by clicking on the title. If you don't see one that seems to apply, click on Antique Discussions.

Once there, above the list of threads, you should see a blue blue button to start a thread. After that it's just like posting here!

5. hemster922

Ur beautiful Thank You! I'll get started asap

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

7. hemster922

Looks like I have to resize my photos. But I'm on it

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Your pictures of the sampler came out fine!

9. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

10. hemster922

Thank you Janettekay!
    I've started posting some items I know you all will appreciate.
    I'll be doing this quite often I'm afraid, there is just SO much.
    I'm a little overwhelmed with it all.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Hemster !! .. Joy.

AJefferson and hemster922 like this.
  12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Greetings!

AJefferson and hemster922 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted