Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
Yogya silver ZN800 bowl
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Bob Davis, post: 4359589, member: 44382"][QUOTE="I have a few volumes of 'Inlandsche kunstnijverheid (etc)' bij Jasper and Pirngadie, I think the precious metal volume is among them. They are in one of my boxes, if I come across them I'll see if there is something that would be of help to you.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p><p>I have the relevant volume IV - de Goud- En Zilversmeedkunst in pdf form, though as I don't read Dutch it's painful to find anything. In any case, that was written in the 1920's before the revival of Djokja silver trade, and focusses on the art itself, rather than the trade, so does not mention individual silversmiths or their workshops. I did start to translate it a few years back using Google Translate, but really need to find a better online tool, as they limit the amount of text one can translate to 5000 characters in a single transaction.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Bob Davis, post: 4359589, member: 44382"][QUOTE="I have a few volumes of 'Inlandsche kunstnijverheid (etc)' bij Jasper and Pirngadie, I think the precious metal volume is among them. They are in one of my boxes, if I come across them I'll see if there is something that would be of help to you.[/QUOTE] I have the relevant volume IV - de Goud- En Zilversmeedkunst in pdf form, though as I don't read Dutch it's painful to find anything. In any case, that was written in the 1920's before the revival of Djokja silver trade, and focusses on the art itself, rather than the trade, so does not mention individual silversmiths or their workshops. I did start to translate it a few years back using Google Translate, but really need to find a better online tool, as they limit the amount of text one can translate to 5000 characters in a single transaction.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
Yogya silver ZN800 bowl
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...