Your most embarrassing moment?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bluemoon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Afew years ago Iwas travelling on a Greyhound bus from Edmonton, Alberta back home to Vancouver, BC. It was a long trip and I had my grandaughter with me. We sat near the back near the toilet, a bunch of workmen from the oilfields got on the bus and I was surrounded by them. We started talking among ourselves and I entertained them withmy memoirs of life in England wher I grew Up. There was lots of laughter and my Grandaughter fell asleep on my shoulder. These guys were buying me donuts and coffee at different stops .. all were happy. I dozed off and in my sleep I snorted loudly in my slleep followed by another rude noise .. the snort was so loud that it woke me uop to find my wonderful workmen staring at me ... I went hot in the face and knew it was beet red. Ilooked down at my sleeping grandaughter and said ''tut-tut, DEAR, NEVER MIND, GO BACK TO SLEEP" ... I KNEW that they knew that it wasn't her that made that dreadful noise. I was thankful when they all got off in Kamloops. I wonder if they laughed at the elderly lady amongst themselves, I had enjoyed their company immensely ... Joy.

komokwa, KingofThings and Bakersgma like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

I remember when I was 18yrs old or so, about 1960, walking down the sidewalk all dressed up in full circle skirt, big flouncy crinoline, high heels with nylons and garter belt, fancy peasant blouse, hair in a beehive .. MY, I thought I was something else again. I then saw a group of boys heading towards me, Omg .. wait 'till they got a load of ME !! Just as they got closer to my wonderful self a gust of wind blew up and my flouncy skirt shot right up and covered my face, I was half naked to the world as I struggled to push the huge lot of skirt and crinoline down, panties legs, garter belt and nylons all on show. I could hear whistling and laughter as I tried to regain my dignity. After I had got the skirt in order one of the boys said "need any help" .. and they laughed and strutted off. Ruined my day it did ! Joy.

3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Not their's though... ;)
    -
    Might have happened to one or more of them later.... ;)

4. Christmasjoy

Okay, last one as I am looking a complete idiot, hahaha. When I was 16yrs old I went with a boy friend and a group of young people to the beach for a swim and fun in the sun. I had purchased a lovely one piece bathing suit, white in colour and sleek as all getout. We all tossed a beachball back and forth for a while and then headed to the ocean. It was great fun, I felt like princess of the sea .. unfortunately when princess of the sea came out of the water the bathing suit was almost transparent .. everyone could see every crease, crack, and curve of my body .. I raced back into the water amid hoots and hollers, filled with embarracement and shame. Luckilly for me the boy friend raced back to our stash of clothing a grabbed a towel, someones towel anyway. I made him bring it into the water where it got sopping wet, but at least it covered me. After we had changed and returned to the beach I asked to be taken home .. a few of the guys asked me for a date (kidding me I think) my day was ruined. It appears like my body was on show to the world twice I was a very innocent girl back then ...Oh the shame !!! Signed Princess of the Sea ...... Joy.

Catlovr and KingofThings like this.
  5. KingofThings

And we all thought Janet Jackson didn't have a mentor.....
    ;)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or JLo. She'd have worn the suit on purpose. Note to self...avoid white bathing suits to avoid scaring small children. (and being mistaken for a beluga)

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

Oh my.

8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

The most wonderful stories, everybody.

Joy, you are completely delightful. I feel as if I was watching some wonderful Haley Mills movies!

KingofThings and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. Christmasjoy

Thank You GG :) I could write more .. so many memories in my 74yrs, but I'll not hog the board as I enjoy so much the stories of others .. so funny, Joy.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. Christmasjoy

I wish Sholoh was here ... Joy.

11. Christmasjoy

Okay, one more and then I'll stop ;. I was newly married and 22yrs old, my husband and I were driving up to Kelowna to visit friends. On the way we got a little frisky and hubby pulled into a secluded spot off the highway .. we spotted a lovely tree and settled under it. Wellll .. as we were exercising our limbs under that tree a sharp pain in my right buttock caused me to let out a shriek, hubby thought that he was doing a good job and continued on !! he soon realized that I was hurting and checked my arse .. it was a largish piece of wood embedded there, he couldn't remove it .. it was so painful. He helped me to the car and I lay face down on the back seat ..( thank goodness that cars had those all in one seats back then) He then drove to the nearest hospital emergency where the doctor enquired how it happened, I was so embarrassed .. I coudn't tell him that I was getting my jollies under a tree so I said "none of your business" !! Any way, he remove the chunk of wood, it wasn't as big as I thought, it felt like the whole tree was jammed into my right cheek. After cleaning the wound and putting a couple of stitches in it, I was left to go on my way. The stitches were removed a while later after we returned home. ... Joy.

12. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

At least it didn't go in between the cheeks!

13. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have a true story about 2 gay friends that had a mishap during an intimate moment that eventually involved almost the entire apartment building we lived in as well as a taxi driver and an emergency room, but it is too explicit to relate here.................. darn!

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

You certainly have had some embarrassing moments Joy!

Oh, and like that doctor didn't guess. ;)

KingofThings likes this.
  15. Christmasjoy

Here's one thats a little tamer :) When I was about six yrs old I was chosen to play the part of Mary, mother of baby Jesus at our Sunday school Christmas Nativity play. I was so excited, this was right up my alley !! My mother fashioned a white gown from an old bed sheet, and a blue piece of cloth to drape over my head. I didn't have a speaking part but was to sit there looking dreamy and Holy as I looked down at the manger. The big day arrived and it went swimmingly .. I sat there like a Queen. Afterwards we left for home, my mother pushing my baby sister in her pram, my older sister walking nicely alongside, and me, well .. I couldn't get out of character .. my nose was in the air as I walked slowly and imperiously. My mother said "Hurry up, stay alongside of me" I answered "Be quiet, I'm thinking" and my mother answered '' SO AM I" as she grabbed my arm and proceeded to smack my arse in the high street. In those days it was okay to do this. Anyway, I was no longer Mother Mary, I was Joy, with tears and snot everywhere. We were NOT allowed to be rude to our parents .. but after all, I WAS a star of the stage .. JEEZZZZ ..... Joy. Okay, I'm really finished now.

KingofThings likes this.
  16. Christmasjoy

I have great memory, I can remember going down into the dug-out shelter when the siren went off during the war, I was about 2 yrs old. I remember seeing the flowered dress that my mother wore as I lay in my cot .. so many fleeting moments are imprinted in my mind, I don't think my brain ever stops to rest. Joy.

KingofThings likes this.
  17. Christmasjoy

Have fun with this thread folks, write more stuff, I love all the stories, Bye.

KingofThings likes this.
  18. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

I HAD TO poop IMMEDIATELY. So I did. Where? Not in the toilet. A sink.
    I peed my pants simultaneously and there was nothing I could do.
    The horror began when I realized the faucet was out of business
    Someone had to encounter a generous pile of diarrhea in the sink
    The cleaning lady probably quit her job after that day.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  19. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

As my birthday is approaching, I will say that hearing someone say I am too young, sounds really good!

I love history and learning about it, and your's has really piqued my curiosity.
    I like how you think Gila! That would be very interesting indeed as the purported Anastasia lived near where I went to college, so now I picture Mansons there too! Always found that story captivating.

OK, based on really nothing much, I will guess the Rothschild family or the Woolworth family. The American Revolution ancestors are throwing me...Any clues Mansons?

KingofThings likes this.
  20. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think he's Arthur MacArthur come out of hiding.

Draft saved Draft deleted