Featured 18K Escapement Pocket Watch Help Please?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by drg642, Aug 8, 2020.

1. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i have all the screws out it just won't budge , it's scrap maybe just drop it idk hit it with a big hammer lol

2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Cuendet Frères in Sainte Croix was most probably a small manufacturer or assembler of no known importance that exported to the US in disassembled condition to be reassembled statesside to circumvent taxes and tarriffs.
    if it was directly exported from Switzerland as a watch then it would have the proper Swiss marks. the simple 18 K and the VERY primitive engravings on the work and housing all show in the same direction.
    from a collector's point of view it's not more than gold value; it may pay a little bonus statesside as curio.
    generally, there are millions of works lying around in old cupboards and workshops without any value at all.
    to go to a watchmaker with this here - if there's a real one around at all - is money thrown out of the window.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's a nice watch........all the same.

blooey and lloyd249 like this.
  4. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

In the pic. the rim that holds the x'l is still on. Pry it off.

5. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

nonsense eh well look at this i have seperated the fob from the post by holding the arms post because it had no hands , i have done this on many many clocks , clock radios , wind up alarm clocks , wrist watches and pocket watches . just because you don't know it doesn't make it nonsense . DSC00639.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted