Featured A Tale of Two Chippendale Chairs (with a hero)

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 5, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

You're right. This is going to be a battle.

2. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

chair.png

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

4. KikoBlueEyes

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I love the defiant look. So what are you going to do about it. Huh.

judy, James Conrad and DragonflyWink like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Upcycler Tom Tabby put considerable thought and effort into renovating his lounge chair, pleased to finally find that perfect mix of 'shabby chic', functionality and comfort, with the top tailored to his body shape, areas of the slick upholstery removed for a softer effect, and the formerly pointless side panel removed to reveal a perfect hidey-hole. Tom's family applauded his creativity and skill, proudly posting his work on social media...

catchair.png

~Cheryl

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

My cats had several perfectly good scratching posts, which still looked pristine after years of non-use.:rolleyes: They didn't need them, after all the furniture, doorposts, walls, suited them very nicely, thank you very much.:cat::arghh:
    Putting plants and decorative items in front of their favourite scratching furniture etc worked though. Yes, I was a spoil-sport.:D

7. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

The cats have gotta go! No ifs ands or buts allowed! Scratching upholstery is OK but 250 year old period wood furniture legs/feet? uhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo, HELL NO! That's OUT! :eek::eek::banghead:

judy likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

My cats went to cat heaven years ago.:bigtears: The last one was the sweetest cat ever, and very well-behaved, even around furniture.:cat:

judy, James Conrad and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

No worries. My cats have several scratching things including carpet covered cat trees, sisal rope posts, cardboard triangle scratchers, and carpet covered scratch boards in various rooms. They also have stumps and trees outside. I trained them as kittens to use these using catnip scent spray, so there are no upholstery and wood furniture legs/feet attacks in my house. They are permitted to use all my furniture to lounge on, though.

10. Any Jewelry

Mine were never impressed by catnip. I often wondered if they were real cats.:confused:

11. KikoBlueEyes

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: My guys have a fresh patch that was originally planted there by Kiko (I swear). I didn't plant it there but I would find her splayed out on it all the time. Stoned out of her mind.

DragonflyWink and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. DragonflyWink

Hehe, catnip-heads! Years ago, woke early to suspicious sounds coming from the kitchen, stumbled in to find Froggie, my happy-go-lucky tailless tuxedo, lounging, stoned out of his mind, inside an upper kitchen cabinet. He had apparently been unable to get the desired door open, but managed to open the adjacent door, plowed through a shelf full of spices, opened the correct door from the inside, pushed out several cereal and cracker boxes to get to the double zip-lock bagged catnip I'd hidden behind them, shredded the bags and scattered his herb everywhere - fellow addict Spot was also heavily under the influence, rolling around on the countertop chaos, while Fathead partook of the mess on the floor, occasionally growling at Percy, who was just bemused, since catnip had no effect on him (though he was incredibly goofy as a norm). Had to laugh, even took a couple of pics, and the catnip was placed in the refrigerator, where I still keep it...

~Cheryl

judy, Figtree3, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Now that's a great scene!!!! Froggie is a fine fellow who knows what he wants and so kind to share his find with Spot and Fathead. I can see it is my mind. You are such a spoilsport locking it away in the refrigerator.

judy, Any Jewelry, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  14. DragonflyWink

Yes, I am a cruel, unreasonable provider to my cats, they despise me...

The Frog, who had a freakishly deep voice, was a joy, an exuberant, clever, determined boy who never met a stranger, whether feline, canine or human - as a half-grown kitten, he followed my ex for half a mile to his apartment, so he asked if I would take him in while he tried to find his owner or a new one, and I fell in love. He was a long slender boy, built like a Siamese, with a Manx-like dimple where his tail belonged, the Vet was concerned about future spinal issues, but he also had a heart defect that ended up taking him at only three - always thought he knew his life would not be a long one, so he lived it to the fullest...

~Cheryl

Any Jewelry and James Conrad like this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

Cheryl. Your story about the Frog makes me joyful and sad at the same time. He sounds like such a fine boy. Three years of happiness is more than he would have got as a stray.

16. DragonflyWink

BTW, while I've 'Liked', haven't said how lovely your chair is, and how nice it was of James to provide guidance. Bravo!

~Cheryl

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  17. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you so much. James is certainly a treasure.

18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread, @KikoBlueEyes ! It's a great story, and that inspired others to write interesting stories, too.

Any Jewelry and James Conrad like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you so much for the lovely comment. I had hoped to find a way to share my joy about being a member of this forum, and the richness of the experience of working with James and all that I had learned from him.

20. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Even if he doesn't know that much about dealing with cats. (LOL)

KikoBlueEyes, judy and James Conrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted