Featured Advice needed angelskin coral jewery + others pieces. Estate sale tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

One last photo:

rab7.jpg

cxgirl, i need help, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

WMF is a very nice find. Let's see if I can spell it: Wurtemburger Metallischer Fabrik. Even in chrome or silver plate, worth more than you paid.

I'm going to fish my necklace out, if I can find the thing - the one that has the same fitments as yours.

judy, kyratango, i need help and 3 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

all interesting items.........but the laser thingy........u had to have......must be something worth it's own " WTF is this thing " thread !!!! :playful::eek::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Bronwen, judy, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

judy, i need help, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

It's late at night here. ;)

Lucille.b, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

That necklace was a find for the price you paid, it’s a beauty!

Lucille.b, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wonderful finds! The rabbit tray is very nice, too!

8. Lucille.b

Yes, do post the photo of your piece if you can come up with it, OBB.

Forgot to mention one unsold item:

aaaa4.jpeg

I think this was the only piece left after the first hour from the initial pics I posted. Price: $175.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Ouch. No wonder. I'd have paid $10 on a good day. No clue how well it would sell or if it would sell at all.

Lucille.b, Bronwen and judy like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol, that is very tricky, a good one to remember:) I love the rabbit tray piece!

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And I love the necklace you DID buy!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:

12. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The glass thingy is a pigments grinder/pestle for artists who made their own paint colors, I have one, somewhere :bucktooth:, with blue pigment remnants under:)

The kind of Shou carved beads necklace was at it seems a high retail price...
    No wonder it didn't sold!

The "pink and green" chinese necklace at 80$ was a WINNER:woot:
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure someone spotted the tourmaline beads under the pink quartz appellation:watching:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Lucille.b, Bronwen, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  13. kyratango

14. Lucille.b

That piece was in someone's hands from the first wave -- I might have been wrong about the price. Actually can't remember why I thought it was $80, could have been a few hundred, but probably not more. Either way it was already someone else's property. I would definitely have taken a look had it still been in the case.

This company has been doing estate sales for years. They had the entire lot professionally appraised by someone prior to the sale. Of course the appraiser could have missed things.

It was full blown insanity. There were just two people behind the counter, you needed to ask for things, they were showing multiple items to folks, about 20 people crowding in to a 10ft spot.

Amazing link, sounds like someone got a great piece!

Any Jewelry, Bronwen, judy and 2 others like this.
  15. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The photos are too blurry to tell if the pink beads are actually tourmaline.

16. kyratango

Some "fibrous" inside beads texture feeling, plus the association with jadeite... I'd have take a bet on this in an Ebay auction with these blurry pics:D, of course, it fails sometimes;) but you'd be surprised of what I got from bad pics and wrong descriptions:joyful:

17. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

I am more of a hands on person or good photos.I grew up digging in the old San Diego county tourmaline mine dumps looking for stones.Some from the Pala mine in 2006.

Pala 007.jpg

18. kyratango

Nice finds! When a child, I always seeked for strange stones in the gravels and pebbles:joyful:
    So, you know what I meant about the fibrous texture;)

19. Ownedbybear

Not brilliant photos, but see what I mean about the fitments? No marks on mine.

V88C.jpg V88A.jpg V88B.jpg

Attached Files:

• V88D.jpg
      V88D.jpg
      File size:
      449.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Lucille.b

That's the necklace! I have it's cousin here. If you lived closer we could go out for tea or coffee and wear the necklaces like matching schoolgirls or something. :)

The mark on mine, the little ring next to the clasp: "Germany". 3 dots below that but thinking those dots are just decorative.

Same, no doubt! So interesting to see that. Here is a close up of the mark on mine:

germany.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted