Featured Antique doll identification

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Bradley gibbins, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I believe my love of dolls goes back to my childhood when I never had a doll of my own, my mother announced to me that "You don't LIKE dolls " ??? Which wasn't true at all .. I LONGED for a doll. My mother had issues but I loved her always. I now have many antique dolls and love them all .. I love the little guy that Bradley showed too, I'd love to show them but don't have a camera and wouldn't know what to do anyway .. :) ... Joy.

2. Christmasjoy

Judy, your little Googly is DELIGHTFUL !! .. i LOVE HIM :) ... Joy.

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Wonder if there's not someone among us who has a still functional digital camera they don't use anymore & who would be willing to send it to you with basic instructions. We'd love to see what you love. :happy:

kyratango and judy like this.
  4. Christmasjoy

I'll see if my son can help .. he's very busy and a workaholic but I'll check with him :) .. Joy.

kyratango, judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. Bronwen

Describe it to him as a job. :happy:

6. Christmasjoy

Will do .. He's out of town on business right now, he's a nice kind boy .. errrr MAN .. HE'S 50 YRS OLD !!! Gawd, what was I THINKING !!!... Boy ????? ... Sheesh .. Joy.

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

HER...... Ingrid!:)

kyratango, Bronwen and James Conrad like this.
  8. Christmasjoy

SORRY INGRID :):):) .. Joy.

kyratango, Aquitaine, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

My mother on the other hand, loved for me to play with dolls and wanted to buy me another when I was 12 years old....almost a TEEN!!! :rolleyes:

I had two by then, and I was happy with just them.

I still do have them to this day.

Do you have a cell phone with a camera?

That's all I use now.

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

;)

kyratango and James Conrad like this.
  11. Christmasjoy

I believe my kids have them .. plus my grandchildren, I'll check around, Joy.

kyratango, judy and James Conrad like this.
  12. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

And i think i started a DOLL EXTRAVAGANZA! DOLL MANIA! and it started so quietly and then......

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  13. Christmasjoy

14. Bronwen

My mother was still buying them for me at that age, or at least I remember getting dollhouse furniture at that age. One Christmas time I came home from college & my mother showed me a pair of dolls she had bought a few months before, ostensibly for my birthday, told me why they were potentially valuable/collectible, put the lids back on the boxes & put them away again. They were never in my possession &, unlike many other dolls, were not among her things when she died, so presumably sold.

My mother taught kindergarten. Can remember being in a car with her when I was in my early 20s & having her point out the window & say, Oh, look at that big red shiny fire truck!

15. Christmasjoy

I particularly love my tiny dollhouse dolls .. some of them dating to the 1860's -- they are precious, my dolls range from bisque, wax, wood, very early composition, china .. all much loved, some are in storage for a lack of room to display them .. brought out and aired every so often ... Joy.

16. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Absolutely! gotta keep them dolls FRESH!

17. Christmasjoy

I made a lot of my toys, paper dolls, stuffed dolls, picture books with the covers sewn on, story books, many things, I made them for my sisters to, :).. Joy.

18. Christmasjoy

Gotta keep them dolls from becoming basket cases ... Joy.

Bronwen and James Conrad like this.
  19. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That was my goal Joy....to have one of each type.

I do still have one of each, except I sold my wax doll a few years ago.

kyratango, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  20. judy

judy Well-Known Member

And here I was waiting for Bradley to reappear......we may have a long wait.....;)

Draft saved Draft deleted