Featured Antique pair of 1000 faces double sided Chinese Pien Mien!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kyratango, Oct 28, 2018.

1. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Yep AJ, my heart stopped when I saw the package, before opening it...
    It came from USA by Global Shipping... Nothing to say of the 60$ shipping costs due to that:rolleyes:

2. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Dang, that would test my temper. To treat them so carelessly is a crime.

Make sure you are 150% satisfied with their actions.

3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

How lame!
    Don’t bother waiting for a response, open a case and upload the photos you posted here. eBay will automatically find in your favor regardless of the sellers policies. That global shipping program is a sham too!

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking. Looks like not even marked 'Fragile'. Item definitely not as described. In the US think PayPal guarantees you will get what you paid for or your money back, & they take refund out of seller's account, regardless of seller's return policy. Not sure it would have arrived in quite such poor condition if parcel had not gone through the global shipping program, which seems to add to handling time, therefore to opportunities to mishandle.

5. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Completely agree

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

7. kyratango

Thank you all for your comments and advices:kiss:
    I'm waiting politely for the seller's answer before opening a Paypal case, but it would really bother me if I had to send them back to the USA with all the papers to fill in even if they refund the return shipping:meh:

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

When I saw that box, my heart sank, too. If that was a brand new Priority box at the start, looks like a truck ran over it. One look, I knew the fans could not survive that. Hard to say, even if there was an extra layer of cardboard in there, whether that would have been enough with whatever happened to this box as it appears it was totally crushed during shipping.

Not that writing "Fragile" always helps, but I think that box should have been marked as such.

As Anund says, just upload pictures. You are guaranteed full refund. Hopefully you won't be made to send them back.

It's a shame.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  9. Bronwen

I can't imagine seller will want them back (although, who knows?) Think a refund would include any amount seller charged to send box to global shipping collection center. As for what you paid for the international part of the journey? Was there import duty as well?

Do let us know what happens with this. I have no idea how they deal with damage to mail that used the GSP. If an item arrives at the center already damaged by domestic mail, do they send it back so they can't be blamed? Or does USPS say must have happened while in GPS hands & vice versa so no one takes responsibility & no one liable for a refund?

10. Bronwen

11. kyratango

I hope it will be a TOTAL refund:rage:
    The Pittney Bowle company who apply the international shipping in the global shipping process includes custom duties (don't know how this work...).
    The cost is proportional to the sale amount, nothing else to pay upon reception:p

I'm sure if Pittney Bowles receive a damaged parcel, they return it to the seller so they can't be held for responsible of the damage:D

I had previously the case of an item I didn't receive in 5 weeks, which never reached the international shipping center... Paypal refunded the whole costs:smug:

Of course, I'll keep this post updated:)

12. kyratango

13. Bronwen

Arachne. Not usually so appropriately set.

14. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I had no idea international shipping was so expensive now. Given the way ebay and paypal always stack things in favor of the buyer, I assume you will get a full refund. Which is fair, since this is clearly not what you thought you were buying. I hope the seller has shipping insurance, since although inadequately packed, these should not have been handled the way they were. This is why I don't sell on ebay anymore. If paypal refunds all your money then the seller is out the original cost for the item, the listing, packaging and handling, and the shipping. And he has nothing he can sell or salvage. For him it is like dropping his money into a black hole.

You get to keep the broken items, and I assume you will be able to salvage something from them - sounds like one of the fans is in decent condition? I think to be fair, you might want offer to at least cover the shipping cost, assuming the shipper is not going to refund to the seller.

15. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

I am so, so terribly sorry for the loss of such beautiful items. History destroyed. If the seller was sincere, they would have been back to you immediately. Give then 48 hours max to respond with an offer you are satisfied with. I'd then immediately get the case opened with eBay and let them put some pressure on.

16. kyratango

Opening price 5$, seller's description:
    From the Estate of a World traveler.
    2 Antique Japanese Fans.
    I have no idea how old they are. I do not know what they are made of, seems to be some kind of fabric.
    They are very light and a 3-d look to them.
    As you can see in the picture they have damage to them.

I paid 123.50$ because another buyer wanted it as much, otherwise it was going only up to 35$

I don't think I'll be able to do anything with the remains, the frames without the sheet are useless... Though I'm (generally) considered as a kind person, I have no willing to be "fair" with this silly wrapping.:depressed:

17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No, Kyra...do not be fair here !!!!:mad:
    Not at all !!!;)
    Those were not properly packed for shipping.....they were packed to put under a X-mas tree...and that's as far as that goes...:stop::stop:
    I too felt disgusted at the sight of the condition they're in !! :yuck::yuck:

Get your money back.....all of it...by whatever means you have to.
    Be nice...be firm.....& if that doesn't get you a full refund......go Balistic !!!

Current members excluded...but it is still my firm belief that the vast majority of eBay sellers.....have little to no idea what packing items for shipping involves.

You go Girl !!!!!!

18. kyratango

Of course, @AuDragon, I'll wait an answer before doing anything else, communication is essential in Internet buys:)

@komokwa, thanks for your support :kiss:
    The Christmas gift packing is the exact proper term, I needed a good laugh after the deception:hilarious:

19. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

After seeing the state of that box...

Any Jewelry, kyratango and judy like this.
  20. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

:( Sorry Kyra!
    :( Sorry Fan!
    Neither of you deserved to be treated like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted