Featured Antique pair of 1000 faces double sided Chinese Pien Mien!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kyratango, Oct 28, 2018.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

none of those delivery workers deserves their job...

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

the high cost is because the seller is using the Global Shipping program. Many/most sellers have no idea they are even using the GS program, (you have to opt out rather than opt in) and has no idea of the additional cost to the buyer (below is the blurb from ebay)
    When you pay for the item through PayPal, you are authorizing 2 payment transactions. The first payment goes to the seller and consists of the item cost and the US domestic shipping costs. The second payment goes to the global shipping provider and consists of the international shipping costs and any import charges.
    The plus for the seller is that they are using the GS program and are only responsible for the item getting to Pitney Bowes safely, once received and processed by PB, the seller is no longer on the hook for returns.

I'll be surprised if Pitney Bowes wants the items returned, too much money to return them and they won't/can't resell them if damaged. You shouldn't have to pay anything Kyratango, the items are damaged and should be covered by the Ebay Money Back Guarantee:)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. komokwa

GS = BS !!
    Sidebar,,,,,,, did you know eBay wrote to the Prime Minister of Canada asking him to intervene in our ongoing rotating postal strikes !!!

I mean...who exactly do they think they are ? :jawdrop:

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

yes, and I'm glad that they did, it is a good thing:) (Both Amazon and Ebay did the same during the last postal dispute). On-line sellers/businesses are what is keeping CP going, with Amazon and then Ebay being the big players, it is within their interests (and Canada Post) to see this dispute settled quickly. I think a deadline has been issued for Saturday, fingers crossed it will be good news:)

5. komokwa

do you think eBlech...or Ama-zing...have any regard for the health and welfare of our Canadian Postal Workers...........?

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol, sorry, but you don't want to get me started on the incompetence of the posties/postal system and this thread really isn't the place to discuss it:)

7. komokwa

OK...not for here...but on a personal note I stand with Canadian workers, over American Multi National Corporations....:)

judy, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:wideyed::eek::eek::eek::rage:

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You should accept nothing less.:sour:
    It looks like you can salvage at least one of the square panels. Give the beheaded servants some new heads;), and you can frame it.
    I don't think they will want them returned either.

A few years ago I received a properly packaged keris blade which had been bent almost at an angle because the deliverer decided to slam the box between the doors of the van.
    I got a full refund from Postnl, and the guy at Postnl arranged it so I could keep the blade, because he knew about the spiritual importance of keris. I managed to get it back into shape without any loss of the surface pamor (pattern), and it is now in a nice sheath and a beautifully carved hilt.

Btw, I never bid on something if I see the seller uses GSP. Much too expensive, the way custom costs are calculated is a total scam.

komokwa and judy like this.
  10. kyratango

AJ, :kiss:
    I packed them away from my eyes... I'm really disgusted and didn't want to examine further... will see after the solve...:confused:

You had luck with the keris blade, it could be reshaped without damage:jawdrop:

For GSP, it is now the only way to buy from some US sellers:sour: who otherwise won't ship abroad:grumpy: So, if I badly want a piece, I go for it:oops:

komokwa, Figtree3, judy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

I can imagine that, it is traumatizing. Maybe after some time has passed?

I know about some US sellers and GSP:rolleyes:, but decided early on it was too much hassle for me (and scamming).
    But yes, if you want something badly enough.....:greedy::playful:

komokwa, judy, Figtree3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness,only just seen this...this is horrific. A crime really. So sorry this has happened . DESTROYED no less :'(
    So sorry Kyra xXxx ( and to history generally ) :'(

13. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I haven't read all of this thread, so this may have been presented, but you should covered via eBay's Buyer Protection policy.

Sorry about your loss!

i need help, kyratango and judy like this.
  14. kyratango

Just read the seller answer....:banghead::banghead:

« So sorry to see that.
    It looks to me like the postal service is to blame here.
    I can see that the box was crushed and it was differently not like that when I left it at the post office.
    By the way the box looks I don't think cardboard between them would have made any difference at all.
    I have never had an issue like this ever.
    I'm not sure what you want me to do.
    I think you should contact your postal service about weather or not it was insured »

15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

16. komokwa

ohh...not me............Go get em Kyra....put the BOOT to em !!! :mad::mad::mad::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

17. kyratango

My answer:angelic:
    Hi,
    I can't say who of the mutiple carriers crushed the box...
    What I can say is it was packed as it was intended to be carefully put under the Christmas tree... Not the way to protect fragile items!
    I'll let Ebay and Paypal tell me what to do about the problem.
    Regards,
    Pascale
    :D

18. kyratango

And my Paypal case writing:

Hi,

considering our previous messages, and the fact your packing of the fragile pieces wasn't appopriate for shipping, it is not my role to debate with multiple carriers to sort the problem out.

What I want is the complete refund of the costs, the piece's auction winning price of 123.40$, plus shipping costs of 30.51 and 30.59 (Global Shipping Program), the total is 184.59$.

I'm ready to send the shards back to you, if you pay for international shipping cost from France to USA.

Regards,

Pascale

Jivvy, Bronwen, komokwa and 9 others like this.
  19. Any Jewelry

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I'm with Bronwen, speechless at the response you received Kyratango!

Draft saved Draft deleted