Featured Any rock hounds amongst us?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kentworld, Apr 26, 2020.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I wanted to share something with you. I have a lot of rocks - I mean a lot. Some of them are specimens and housed in display cases, but also I collect in the wild. Smaller rocks, collected and also purchased, can sometimes become integrated into the environs and get lost. Your husband could have dug up such an errant piece. I looks very nice and should clean up well.

kentworld likes this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

She always has to check out this wall.
    [​IMG]
    Much more green than this grey day pictures shows.

3. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

I ws just about to put my hand up when I realised you didn't mean Rock music ;)

4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Kiko, I started collecting rocks when we had a power boat and cruised the Gulf Islands. Lots of little beaches to comb! Am still hoping someday to find a fossil. I connected also with a Facebook group which is local to Victoria. Parksville is near an area where there are lots of fossils, so they have an active group.

I am a “porcie” which is a weird term, but 19th c porcelain was what I mainly collected, but I like fat lava and any good pottery/porcelain design. I figure there’s much in common material-wise between rocks and china! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Way cool! I'm always excited to find another beachcomber/rock finder. I'm never sure when someone presents something what range of knowledge they have. I like to be precise when I answer, because rock finds are often dependent on location.

kentworld likes this.
  6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Unless they are like the piles from different locations we left in areas when moving to different states.

7. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

Agree.

kentworld likes this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Someone on the FB group suggested “ocean picture stone.” I dunno. I haven’t seen it in person yet. But I’ll check the choices when I have it in hand. My granddaughters want to polish it, but it’s way too big for my little tumbler. But if we can chip a couple of small chunks off, then I can polish them.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Beautiful color, Wendy!

kentworld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted