Featured Anyone Recognize This Designer? Mystery Vintage Pendant & Earring Sets.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by AUhills, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

omega clips/French clips.

patd8643 and AUhills like this.
  2. AUhills

AUhills Member

Finally got some much better pictures and I found tiny "P14K" and "14K" purity marks on the earrings but still nothing to help identify a designer. Also scoured the pendants again for marks but there aren't any marks on them at all. Still a mystery!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bronwen likes this.
  3. AUhills

AUhills Member

So far with your help these have been closest compared to "H. Stern" and "Ippolita". Today I found some similar pieces that are made currently by "Vianna Brasil" and they are a 4th generation designer jeweler that have a very similar usage of multi-colored gems and odd placement and sizes of the gems. BUT they specifically say they only use 18k gold and I can't find any really vintage pieces from them to compare with, still just not quite a match I think...

Bronwen likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice pics......
    but the stones color gets muddied in the black background.......
    just sayin........next time...white !!!

kyratango, Bronwen and AUhills like this.
  5. Hollyblue

Almost everything appears to be hand fabricated.The rectangle earrings have mismatched rectangle stones and someone didn't know how to finish off the omega clips. The settings for the large stones look like they are poorly constructed.

Bronwen and AUhills like this.
  6. AUhills

AUhills Member

Yea isn't that weird about the mismatched cuts on the rectangle stone earrings? And I'm curious what the 4 little stones in each amethyst earring are, they are a weird light shade of green. Also the middle stone on the amethyst pendant looks light purple in the pictures but in person it is really pink and doesn't look like amethyst to me. The pendants have a lot of extra gold on them just for structure I think because they are so large, not knowledgeable enough to judge the quality of the craftsmanship though so I'll take your word for it.

Will probably just give in and take to a jeweler tomorrow to be cleaned and polished and see about having a thorough test of the stones plus an appraisal done. Haven't ever done that before wonder what it will cost me? Still thinking the design of these are unique enough where someone will be able to pinpoint the maker even without any hallmarks.

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I have yet to be convinced that either pair of earrings started life with the "matching" pendant pieces. The fact that they are marked while the pendants are not does nothing to quell my suspicions.

Honestly, these feel much too recent to me to be semi-precious stones and unmarked.

I used to have a jewelry guy who would look at something like this for free -- for pretty much anyone who walked in his store. That's a casual spoken word, "these are glass" or "these are diamonds."

Not values. And that's all I'd be looking for now - identification. I certainly wouldn't start out paying for an appraisal (which is more about insurance value than what you can sell it for).

8. Hollyblue

The findings are marked,the P14K is seen on a lot of "Chinese" jewelry and the 14K looks good also.Findings companies usually don't mark company marks on a lot of their products. There is no law in the USA requiring any precious metal jewelry,etc. to be marked for content,maybe not in a number of countries also.

AUhills, Bronwen and Jivvy like this.
  9. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I wasn't thinking about the regulatory lawyers as much as the marketroids and copyright/trademark/patent lawyers.

Really super bad branding practice to let an expensive piece out the door without your name on it. Not that it doesn't happen.

But I find it suspect.

KSW, AUhills and Bronwen like this.
  10. AUhills

AUhills Member

I hadn't thought of that but now that you mention it I could definitely see that being a possibility atleast so that's something to keep in mind. Also thanks for the advise and maybe the jeweler will be able to see a mark somewhere hidden on the pendants with their loupe that's invisible to me.

Bronwen, KSW and komokwa like this.
  11. Hollyblue

There are micro stamps which appear to be tiny scratches .... http://microstamp.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=89

Bronwen likes this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've actually been to H Stern in Rio. And drooled mightily. I bought - not from them - a very nice gold frame pendant with a big aquamarine set in. Not one mark on it, but it tests fine. The Stern stuff was very showy and designed to feature the stones, just as these do.

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOOH!!! YUMMMY looking stuff!!!

14. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Omega backs?

Sorry ..just realized this was already posted !!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted