Arabic signature translating help request (much better image)

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Woutinc, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Woutinc

Woutinc .wordpress.com

I have an antique arabian Dallah with a signature i would like to know if someone can tell me more about.
    I also have an other very rare one which is signed/marked by the son of the famous creater (18th cent). These are the most wanted and most value ones.
    And it could be possible this second one is an original (other) son of him.
    Detail: This is not a marking but a signature.

What that other signature says (translated) is a clear lead to that creater, so i'm curious what this signature says, hoping this will help me find the creater behind this mark.

@GreekAntiques ? @Aznathalie ?

Signature2small.jpg

PS: For me it can bring a huge difference in value, and i'm willing to provide an amount for helping me with that better profit.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Yes Woutinc-Antique Arabic Dallahs can go for tens of thousands,but I think the difference between a $500 and a $10,000 one would probably need a very experienced evaluator and an in-person examination/estimate.
    Although a recognized Dallah Expert may be a regular on this Forum-who knows ?
    You could also go to eBay,1stDibs,etc-type in 'sold items,highest-price paid' and email the seller w/ pics of your item.

Woutinc and komokwa like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

That was a long narrative.Woutinc-'The Truth Is Out There'.

5. Woutinc

Woutinc .wordpress.com

That was the first thing i did. The problem is that there's NO simular first original and raslan dallah to be found. Not now and not in ended auctions. And hardly not on internet at all.
    Only some articles about high sales of these on fysical auctions. And musea.
    It's that exclusieve. As looking on ebay for the markets day price of Vermeer's 'girl with the pearl earring' painting.

But after good advice from some (as you) here i'm looking beyond that. Asking exclusieve experts.
    There's no hurry. I have the time. It's worth that time.

Good relevant help will be rewarded.
    I can always be contacted at:
    http://woutinc.wordpress.com

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

your contact info is already with your avatar...you shouldn't post it on this open forum..:stop:

Figtree3, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.