Bamboo Rattan Chaise Lounge Wrought Iron Steel Spotted Bench Couch - Help Identify Please

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by SweetAfton, Feb 28, 2016.

1. SweetAfton

SweetAfton New Member

I have searched for similar all over the internet and cannot find anything so any help would be much appreciated!
    I purchased this Chaise Lounge at an antique store. The owner insisted it was Spotted Bamboo that was split for weaving. The main frame I think is wrought iron and very heavy but it could be steel. It is wrapped in what the previous owner said was split spotted bamboo.
    Almost mint condition except for a few small pieces of the weaving broken.
    I am not sure if it is genuine bamboo or fake or not bamboo at all but rattan. I notice there are spots all over the bamboo except for the underside (but not sure if the bamboo was split for weaving if that would be normal for the underside to not be spotted if it is genuine).
    It is approx. 5 ft long, 3 ft tall and 2 ft across including arm rest.
    Some of the frame seems to be solid spotted bamboo or a replica of bamboo.
    btw - will try to "reply" some photos of it bc this keeps saying file to large...will see if it works, this is my first post :)

2. SweetAfton

SweetAfton New Member

agh! I can't post photos! saying file too large - :-(

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, SweetAfton! Max weight is 1MB. Proper cropping before you resize should help you get under that limit.

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

5. SweetAfton

SweetAfton New Member

This is very frustrating - how can I now add photos? I don't see where to edit my post to add pics nor do I see where I can simply delete this one and post a new one with photos.

6. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Check the next empty spot below the last post - mine maybe. On the bottom left it says "POST REPLY, THEN UPLOAD A FILE............ Click upload and and click on your picture. You can post up to ten, and it's best if you also choose FULL IMAGE on the left side before clicking POST REPLY

Draft saved Draft deleted