Featured Bohemian Art Glass Garden

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leah Goodwin, Jul 7, 2014.

1. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Tell ya what. When it comes to (American) pressed/pattern glass if this board can't ID it NO ONE can.:)

BTW. I think Davey said Owned By Bear had registered here. She was really sharp on English pressed, not to mention English and Continental glass and antiques in general.
    Bear, if you lurk at all drop in and say Hi!

(I keep hoping you will!)

2. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hey Skeezix42. Thanks and good to know. I love team work!! :borg:

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Many of us already know that!
    Always nice to have others come and say that too.

Apparently, you are no slouch yourself. And appears you travel in a nice circle that is slowly finding themselves over here. So glad to have you and your friends join us.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/97890-kralik-art-nouveau-daffodil-floriform-va

I found this ad that suggests some of the floriforms may be candlesticks. Which would indeed look lovely sitting next to an epergne.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/10/fa/52/10fa52cf6909e1e4c53e5f85b0bd8033.jpg

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Leah! Beautiful pieces! I have never seen one first hand! Now I know what to look for! Can't wait to get to the Flea markets to start the Hunt!

Welcome!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  5. Scott

Scott Active Member

Hi Leah,

Glad to see you made your first post! Leah is friend and one of the best in this stuff everyone!

Scott

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Welcome. Thanks so much for sharing. That is why I love these forums, we get to see such beautiful items and learn new things.
    :)

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  7. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Welcome George :) I love Early American Pressed Glass and am so happy so many knowlegable folks are here. :D In fact I love all glass,pottery and porcelain as well as a myriad other cool stuff. :cat:

antidiem and Leah Goodwin like this.
  8. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi CC49, Thanks again for the kind message. You gave me such a smile when I saw the link from CW. The posting is from a dear friend of mine, Czechman, aka Gary, and he joined this site last nite as well. He has some beauties himself. Thanks, for the additional wholesale advertisement. As far as I am aware these floriforms from the ad you showed are vases, not as a candle holder. A tapered candle would not fit, but I like your idea and would be lovely if possible.

9. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Scott!! Thanks, dear friend for telling me about the site, and kind words. :)

10. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Pearlsnblume. What a cute user name. Thank you for the warm welcome. I agree with you. It is great to find a site that covers many areas of collecting, and embracing much beauty.

11. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Bdigger. Another cute name. Thank you as well for the warm welcome. I wish you all the best in your treasure hunt, an if you find a bloom, please do share!

12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Yet ANOTHER item I didn't know I had to have ! Those are lovely ! Welcome.:happy:

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  13. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Thanks Johnny for the welcome and compliment. Nice to meet you as well. Anything that depicts a flower is a true favorite of mine. Here is a few more to share. They are all Kralik and the last one is a lamp shade!

Attached Files:

14. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

WOWSER!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Leah, I thought the seashell pieces were stunning and then come across this thread - I have to agree with Kent, WOWSER!
    Mary

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  17. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Thank you so much, Mary and Kent!!! :)

18. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Lovely pieces... thanks for sharing!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  19. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

20. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Especially love the last one in each set you've posted here - the cranberry colored with clear leaves and the lampshade. I had no idea about Kralik flowers before your fantastic introduction to them! Thank you so much for posting and welcome to the board, Leah.:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted