Featured Bronze? Brass? LADY BUDDHA STATUE - WHO IS SHE? AGE? INFO?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Aug 15, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

one of your better posts.
    :happy::beaver::happy::happy:
    timely & mature....
    Well said !! :)

2. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

AJ, there was no hurt felt on this end. I was attempting to understand and you were attempting to explain. If my questions or comments made you feel attacked (shot at) I apologize.

We do not know each other, we have different ways of expressing our meanings and the written word is malleable~ there are bound to be misunderstandings.

I hope there will be no hard feelings : )

jsn

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Christmasjoy, Jivvy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thank you jsn, no hard feelings.:)
    The 'shoot AJ' week has been a bit taxing (including a ... implying I was a pervert), and makes me want to leave if I sense things getting a bit too rough for me. I may have sensed it too early in this thread, not feeling my best at the moment.:)

5. Any Jewelry

Thank you inh, for always being the sweet person you are.:kiss:

6. i need help

:kiss:

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Nice apology ...nice reply.....

Sometimes it does get a little rough here...

Feel better soon , AJ !!!!!

8. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

9. Any Jewelry

Don't worry, journey, I always look at your threads. You find some real gems sometimes. Other times not:angelic:, but the gamble is part of looking at your threads.:)And you are always a good sport when something doesn't turn out the way you hoped.

BoudiccaJones, Jivvy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  10. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I need you here too AJ ... your posts and you are such a huge part of my learning process, you make things easy to understand, with kindness and patience ... this forum would never be the same without you !!! ... Love Joy. :):):)

11. Any Jewelry

Oh, Joy. So very sweet of you to say.:):kiss::kiss::kiss:

kyratango, komokwa and i need help like this.
  12. Christmasjoy

There were VERY few teachers with patience and kindness when I was in school in England circa 1947 and onward ... the few who were kind and patient I remember vividly, their names, and what they were teaching us, I also retained a great deal of what they had to say. These are the days of course when bad behavior for the boys was the cane, and the girls got sent to the lowest class in the school for a couple of weeks .. but that was back then. The way a teacher teaches makes a huge difference in how one retains what is being taught. I don;t know WHY I felt the need to rattle on with this memory .. I just did !!! .. Joy.

13. Any Jewelry

Joy, you can rattle on any time. You are a wonderful writer, and I always enjoy those little views into your life because of the way you tell your stories, even if some memories were not pleasant. I hate the way some people in your past treated you and made you feel. But you are certainly valued here.:happy:

kyratango, komokwa and i need help like this.
  14. Christmasjoy

OH Thank You AJ !! .. :) I also had GREAT teachers who encouraged me in my passions .. art, writing, poetry, singing, acting... I once performed a whole play and played all the parts by myself, the doctor .. the sick lady .. the maid. I remember doing it but I don't remember the name of the play, all I remember is Dr. Bedside Manners.. I don't know if that was actually the name of the play though .. the kids LOVED it, I was happy. Art was my big thing.. have drawn all my life. Many of the teachers encouraged me, and I still love them for it, now I'm old, my eyesight is fading, as is my recent memories, strange how the old ones stay with one. Anyway, enough of this meandering :):):) ... Joy.

15. Christmasjoy

I'll say one more thing, the violence and child abuse of my childhood never ruined me, I became an alcohol and drug addiction counseller as an adult, I worked with the Native Canadian women in my small isolated Alberta town, many of these ladies had been taken from their homes as children by the Canadian Government and placed in Catholic residential schools where their native Cree language was not allowed to be spoken and they were horribly abused by both priests and nuns .. they were terrified of white men and that is why I was there ... I loved them and they loved me, I think of them often. My childhood abuse at least let me understand some of what they had been through .. we could share. That is all I wish to say on the subject .. Love to all of you, Joy. :)

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  16. i need help

Joy, You are Truly a Wonderful, Caring, Giving Person!
    :) :kiss:

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  17. Christmasjoy

Wellll ... sometimes I get mad :mad: ... :):):) ... Joy.

18. i need help

One does not rule out the other. We love you just how you are! :kiss:

19. journeymagazine

I guess I'll share too - Joy your name always affects me; below you'll understand why. (Below written a few months ago)

n Boston about to meet my daughter I never knew I had (I know, right?!) - and it's a God shot story to be sure!
    When I was 18-19 I had a girlfriend named Ida; it wasn't a long or deep relationship - we were kids - but right after we broke up she got in touch with me & told me she was pregnant, was too young to have a baby & needed $150 for an abortion. I got it for her, giving a small argument that we could try again to make it and have the baby, but she knew better than me that we weren't going to be like we were - it had been young lust, not love.
    Jump ahead 39 years - my sister & niece decided to trace their family tree, so they got the DNA kit 23 & me, took saliva samples & sent them in.
    A few weeks later my sister met me, my brother & my dad and told us she needed a mouth swab from each of us because one of us had a daughter we didn't know about!
    I wasn't worried; I'd only had 1 child, my daughter Joy, and years later - after her death, prison, drinking & drugs - I had remarried & we had tried to have another baby (more for my wife than me - I was afraid if I ever had another child I would never let it out of my sight for fear of another freak accident like the recliner chair footrest strangling little Joy), but my wife never got pregnant.
    And after taking us both to a fertility clinic, I was informed that "Your fish are there, but they don't swim - you will never have anymore children") - so I wasn't worried; the unknown daughter couldn't be mine.
    Well, it turns out I DO have another child! Apparently Ida never got the abortion; she gave birth & then gave the child up for adoption! And I am sure she gave it up for adoption for the same reason she didn't have the abortion - because she loved her child. I believe she knew a 17 yr old single mom with no education or money was not the best beginning for a child & did what she thought was the best for her child..
    And now I'm in Boston getting ready to meet my daughter! And even cooler? Her adoptive parents were so happy to finally have a child that the name they decided to give her? Joy!
    JOY! She has the same name as my mom & the daughter I lost (and also the name of the sober house for girls I'd opened in her memory: Joy's House)!
    And another shot of God - she is a nurse in a fertility clinic (just like the place I was told I'd never have children again)
    How cool is that?
    I am grateful that God gave her such wonderful parents who raised her with love & guidance.
    I am - pleasantly - shocked that she is named Joy, and that she works in a place that told me I wouldn't ever have another child.
    And I am feeling nervous, scared, excited, and feeling more feelings that I don't have words for - I am going to meet my daughter today!
    PS - my sister & niece are also here to meet her today; we've talked & text & video chat - but today I finally meet her!
    God shots.

20. journeymagazine

Me & Joy in Boston and my 1st Joy!

ME & ERIN 3.jpg
    ME & ERIN IN BOSTON 1AA.jpg
    Little Joy

ME & JOY 1.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted