Featured Button button, who's got the button ?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Calico, May 26, 2019.

1. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone ! Hope all are happy and healthy. I've been doing great, last exam was cancer-free. :happy: My sisters are not as lucky in the health department, both older than me and I've been spending a lot of quality time with both.
    Anyway...I have a lot of buttons and before I go putting them up as a lot I wanted to ask if anything in here stands out. From my research, most,if not all, are common buttons from Victorian through what looks like the 70's to me. The smaller group are all the glass ones, only because I think they are the prettiest. ;)
    Only a few are marked, no manufacturing names, except for the black faceted glass ones (marked COSTUMA ???) a few 'Japan', and 'PRYM PATENTED'
    TBH, I don't expect anything out of the ordinary, just thought I would post them here before selling them.
    Thanks for any and all help. :kiss: buttons1.jpg buttons2.jpg buttons3.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Calico!! Congrats on your Cancer Free Status!!!!! Prayers it STAYS that way!!!!

SMALLheart copy2 - Copy.jpg

3. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thank you !

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Wonderful health news Calico!

Wishing your sisters all the very best.

(Can't help with the buttons)

5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

So glad for your news!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's great news Calico !!
    I'm glad you're there for your sisters too !!!

I wore that leather plaited button as a kid.....maybe they still make them>?

judy, cxgirl, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Now those are some buttons. Great news on the cancer front!

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Calico,
    Great news on the medical front. You were missed and on our prayer list.
    greg

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the health front, Calico ! I dont know from buttons,but is that larger one on the right possibly silver?

judy, cxgirl, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Oh was so happy when I saw your avatar pop up! Glad you are back, and what great news. Yay! :singing: As Greg said, you were definitely in our prayers.

What a cool box of buttons. Nothing jumps out as off hand except for a bunch of fun vintage ones. Someone will love these!

judy, cxgirl, Aquitaine and 1 other person like this.
  11. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

I just posted as a 'guest' answering Johnny's question. Signed in now. Thank you All for the prayers and well wishes, they obviously helped.

Figtree3, judy, cxgirl and 4 others like this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

judy, cxgirl and Aquitaine like this.
  13. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Hi Pat ! Thank you. I've been reading that thread, learned a lot so far, even stuff about prosthetic eyes. I think I'll put the entire lot up and let them go.
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. (Did I put your name on that avatar many years ago, while on the old eBay board ?

judy likes this.
  14. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

can't help with the buttons but just wanted to say it is great to see you posting Calico, congrats on the medical news:)

kyratango and judy like this.
  15. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thank you !

judy and cxgirl like this.
  16. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Good to see you Calico. Glad things are going your way :)
    Patd

judy and cxgirl like this.
  17. clutteredcloset49

I'm sorry, I don't remember.
    It was back in 2007ish when I joined the ebay boards. There was someone who was making avatars for people. I thought it was the lady with the big hats, who owned cemeteries. She has passed, and I have been trying to remember her name.
    However, I could be wrong. If it was you, thank you. I still like it a lot, still fits the confusion in my closets that has spilled out into the rest of the house.

Jivvy, judy and cxgirl like this.
  18. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thank you. :)

judy likes this.
  19. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that graphic of the closet. I made tags and avatars for many people on the eBay Miscellaneous and jewelry boards over the years I spent there.

Figtree3, Jivvy and judy like this.
  20. clutteredcloset49

@Calico
    So it was you who made my avatar? Thank you I still like it.
    However, I wasn't on the Misc. board. I hung out on PGP, Antiques, and Books(lurker). Occasionally the Jewelry board, but not until later.

Do you remember the lady (and she was a lady), who always had a large hat as an avatar. Changed them out regularly. She never showed a face, the hat always obscured the drawn in face.

She managed cemeteries.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted