Featured C. Benolt oil painting.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 10, 2014.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

They all look like factory paintings to me. Colorful and decorative.

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  2. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I was going to post a new thread for this painting I picked up at my local thrift today, But this thread was already here. Mine is also an eagle in flight. 8" x 10" oil on board.

Mikey

atree 20914.jpg
    atree 20913.jpg
    atree 20915.jpg

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, I ran across these two C. Benolt paintings in the thrift store the other day. The larger one was $4.00 and the smaller $2.00. I did not buy them.

benolt.jpg

I did buy these two from the same source that day. I think these also to be factory paintings but think they are better in execution and more saleable. One is signed Duggan (or similar). The smaller is unsigned. They were $2.00 for the larger and $1.00 for the small one.

SWptg2.JPG

SWptg.JPG

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I’ve been skipping Benolt’s paintings when I see them recently. Factory or not, some of them still sell but not for a fortune.

judy, Christmasjoy and SBSVC like this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I feel that they are factory paintings too .. I like the 'Eagle in Flight' picture .. Joy.

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well...at 40 or under 100.....shouldn't u have picked those up for 6 bucks ?

judy likes this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

judy, Any Jewelry, Lucille.b and 3 others like this.
  8. komokwa

point taken...

judy, Lucille.b, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  9. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Mine didn't sell either. I'm probably just going to list it for .99 to get rid of it.

10. Russell galloway

Russell galloway New Member

I have an 36x48 vintage 3'D oil on canvas painting signed by C benolt and it's very impressive tried getting it appraised online and because of it being so rare there are no action record's or ebay sales of a tropical fish painting this size so I keep getting a cold shoulder telling me it's junk but many other sites say that it's could be worth up to 14000 so when I hear mine one of the rarest most valuable painting he has painted I find it hard to believe it's not worth appraisal

judy likes this.
  11. kardinalisimo

Can you link sites that say C. Benolt could worth up to $14000?
    Rare size or not, that figure sounds like a fiction.

judy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. komokwa

got a photo of it ?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. komokwa

14. komokwa

upload_2018-4-13_20-5-37.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. kardinalisimo

Oh, hold on. Are we are talking 14000 USD or other currency?

judy likes this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I hope those fish get paid proper money for being such perfect models and floating in the same place long enough for C. Benolt to paint all those pictures. Otherwise they should contact their union.
    They must be very hungry by now. Or maybe C. Benolt uses these:
    [​IMG]

judy likes this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  18. Russell galloway

19. Russell galloway

20. Russell galloway

I am trying to post the website link www.instappraisal.com with member kennith_1974_02 claiming he has a few paintings by C.benolt one smaller oil on canvas of sunflowers appraised at $150.00 and a large 36x48 painting by him of tropical fish claiming he bought it for 3000.00 because the seller wasn't familiar with Charles Benolt and it appraised for 14,000.00 that his large oil on canvas of tropical fish are rare and that if you have one according to its size you might have a gem on your hands . well I wish I could get any response from that site because I would be pleased to let mine go for 3,000.00 I have seen other sites boasting that his large vintage signed tropical fish originals with the raised 3D effect retail from 600.00 to 8000.00 but nobody post pictures of these paintings and you can not find anything about them online. so I do believe them to be rare but I also believe his claim of it being appraised at 14k is an massive over statement .

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted